2nd cutting looking good.. pics

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
1st field lookin good

disc mower cutting at 7" + 8)

2nd field looking good!

getting some leaf rust on some grass and clover.. look at the bottom of the picture. anyone know why this is happening?

talltimber":1g8n46vq said:
Looks real good. What is it?

What mower do you use?

byron seeds fescues, OG and white and red clover

posted that tape measure pic just for you :cboy:

jd 265 (kuhn)

Jogeephus":1tgbtydc said:
Looks great. Hope the weather cooperates for you.

thanks.. did get a little 2 minute shower last night but I don't think it'll hurt it. I'm going to ted it after the sun hits it for a few hours

ddd75":2c3sslgx said:
talltimber":2c3sslgx said:

What mower do you use?

jd 265 (kuhn)

I figured that. I was hoping you would. You don't have it shoved down in a gopher hole do you? Do you have any trouble with it riding up and over heavy hay? I got mine rocked back a little more. I thought I was out of thread on the top link, but found a few more. I had trouble with it on mine occasionally riding up over it. Wasn't going too awful fast either, too rough. This is a New Idea 5409

talltimber":3mtghyc8 said:
ddd75":3mtghyc8 said:
talltimber":3mtghyc8 said:

What mower do you use?

jd 265 (kuhn)

I figured that. I was hoping you would. You don't have it shoved down in a gopher hole do you? Do you have any trouble with it riding up and over heavy hay? I got mine rocked back a little more. I thought I was out of thread on the top link, but found a few more. I had trouble with it on mine occasionally riding up over it. Wasn't going too awful fast either, too rough. This is a New Idea 5409

no I've never had it go over any. it just cuts right through it perfect.

I still have more room to go to kick it back more if I want but if you get any taller I start pulling fresh grass with the rake.