2nd ANNUAL LONGHORN CATTLE TRAIL DRIVE STARTING SEP 3RD

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I (Sandy) not Bill, trying to keep bill out of any further trouble.... grins he get into enough on his own.... LOL ) found out about a

"Real Texas Longhorn Cattle Trail Drive"

who:

2ND ANNUAL JIM RIVER LONGHORN CATTLE DRIVE

what:

Driving approx. 100 head of Texas Longhorn Cattle on a trip of 250 miles of old fashioned fun that you can enjoy for one day, or several days... or even the whole trip!

when:

Starting Sep 3, 2006 and lasting appox. 23 days in length.

Cost: $30.00 per day per person (a daily limit of 25 riders, so pre-sign up for the day(s) you wish to ride).

where:

From the very scenic Western North Dakota area (Keene) south to Killdeer, up to Turtle Lake, over to Washburn coming to the gently rolling hills bordering the eastern valley past Carrington, reaching the final destination of the home pasture at Kensel. (basically central north Dakota, your terrain will vary from start to finish).

Wake up is normally about 7am, hitting the trail at 9am, with a one hour rest for packed sandwich eatings at noon, with day's traveling ending approx. 4-5 pm with a big feed (in Dutch ovens) put on for supper....

You will cover anywhere from 8 up to 15 miles per day.

You will provide your own horse, horse gear, and camping equipment (tents, sleeping bag, horse trailer, camper, etc.

If you wish to stay in a hotel at night that is acceptable too)

Daryle Beckley (701-269-2004) is your contact... This is his Trail Drive not Running Arrow's

(Daryle doesn't do computers! lol ) I had found his newspaper ad in a North Dakota paper, and called him, to get permission to tell others about it.

Daryle and his father, along with Daryle's son did this trail drive last year with 48 head of Daryle's own private herd of longhorns, with numerous requests for a repeat this year.

NOTE:

Daryle is looking for a Chuck wagon for this trip.... and I would assume it's team and driver too.... grins

--------------------

I would love to go, but hubby will be recovering from surgery at that time, so I can't sneak off... sighs

but maybe some of you might be able to, or know of someone else who might be interested....so please pass this on!

You can also email me (Sandy), and I will find out any additional info... Daryle has sent me a very rough map of the trip.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest posts