29% horsemeat burgers now on sale!

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
I thought this only happened in the US!

1:10 PM, Jan 16, 2013
Horsemeat burger fears prompt recall in Ireland

DUBLIN — An Irish meat processor recalled 10 million burgers Wednesday from supermarkets across Ireland and Britain amid fears that many could contain horsemeat, a discovery that poses no danger to public health but threatens to undermine the beef business central to Ireland's rural economy.
Silvercrest Foods, Ireland's second-largest processor of beef burgers, took the action after the Food Safety Authority of Ireland revealed that DNA tests of patties on sale found tiny traces of horsemeat in more than a third. Experts said the finding was not surprising, given that meat refrigeration units and slaughterhouses would handle multiple kinds of meat and molecular transfers were inevitable.
But investigators were surprised to find that one burger among 27 tested contained 29 percent horsemeat.

jedstivers":27xlmkom said:
Holly Heifer is on her way over there right now.

Holly says she" hopes everyone arteries are clogged and thay all die"
Such a sweet girl

holly heifer wrote:sweet jesus - what a can of worms! Im deleting my account, didnt even bother to read that last stupid post.. I may be in the wrong place but let it be known that we will continue our fight to save the horses and we will win !!!!!! May you all have cardiac issues from your carnivore diets. ____________________ ahhhh cardiac arrest