2705 massey

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
I recently bought my father in laws 2705 massey and discovered the lift arms don't go close enough together to use on some of my implements.
Any of you have a large massey and know what to adjust?

It looks like they will only go to about 30" apart and most of my stuff is 25" to 27" wide.

It's a 125 hp tractor and kind of overkill for me but I like the cab. Especially yesterday. My other tractor is a 135.

Dan

danl":2k2b57xc said:
I recently bought my father in laws 2705 massey and discovered the lift arms don't go close enough together to use on some of my implements.
Any of you have a large massey and know what to adjust?

It looks like they will only go to about 30" apart and most of my stuff is 25" to 27" wide.

It's a 125 hp tractor and kind of overkill for me but I like the cab. Especially yesterday. My other tractor is a 135.

Dan

Some tractors come with adapter blocks that can be taken off or added as needed to go from cat.II to cat.I implements. Look to see if you have this design.

if you really want to use this tractor with those implements, you could look into finding a used set of lift bars, and cutting/welding them to make them fit.. Beware though, if this has a Class3 hitch like it sounds, it will turn implements with a Class 1 hitch into a pile of twisted metal before you can hit the clutch...

There are some blocks on the lift arms, wasn't sure if they were for spacing or served some other purpose. If I take them out I will gain about three inches. I just didn't want to take them out if that was what held the tractor together :D

I have thought about the possiblity of turning things into a mangled mass of steel, gonna be carefull.. famous last words.. My next post will be How do I reassemble a bush hog..

But, I just want to clip some persimmon sprouts and ragweed stems out of a pretty clean field nothing big.

And I have a homemade blade that could probably handle a tank. Way too heavy for my 135.

There are also some blocks on the rear end of the tractor on each side of the power take off. Didn't know if they were removeable or not either.

I would just take them off and try but it came with a homemade hydraulic hay spear that allows you to tilt the bale up or down. It can be pretty handy but it is kind of in the way for feeding hay. I can take it off by myself, I think, but would never get it back on if my other spear didn't fit. It is huge and very heavy. Way over engineered. but a good idea... Kind of like one of my doghouses that I built then not been able to get it out the shed door a few years ago

Danl
Those blocks should be "stepped" so that by removing the bolts and sliding the blocks on the lift arms gives you a different spacing with each setting. do not remove the ones from the housing if you can help it. Let us know how it goes.

as long as you aren't pulling tillage equipment that gets hung up on rocks, etc, you should be fine using a big tractor on it.. i hope there's some sort of slip clutch on the PTO drive though

It may be easier to adapt your implements to fit the wider spacing of the tractor.

Latest posts