27 Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
The head herd sire here "Vegas" has sired 27 calves since being introduced. 20 of them has been heifers and only 7 bulls. Found 2 more baby heifers today. Don't remember having a bull that didn't come close to balancing it out between heifers and bulls. Maybe we're set to have several sons the rest of the way. Dad jokes we're loosing money with so many heifers and need to let one of the other bulls get some. At least they'll be several heifers to pick replacements from. Been wanting to get some pics up but staying busy and forgetting the camera. Pretty much just have solid colored calves now but I like them. My favorite has a white naval & underline and a tip on the tail. She's a Cutie and I have no doubt she'll be on my retain list. Hope everyone else's calving and herds are doing well or at least on a positive upswing.

Congrats on the new arrivals! We've gotten mostly females several years in a row. We're due for a year of all bulls.
Post some pics if you can, they sound nice.

Could these drastic swings one way or the other be caused by temperatures during the breeding season? I've heard that (at least in humans) the temperature of the testicles can effect the sex of the offspring.

Latest posts