269 New Holland. It lives!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Here's a couple pics of that sweet a$$ new belt!
20220612_092409.jpg20220612_092337.jpg
Getting her all ready to make some yummy yummy cow food!!
Chain guard is back on. Greasing, tire maintenance, chain lube, etc...
20220612_092209.jpg
Windrows are a bit light. Knocked the tops off a few weeks ago. Too many weeds. The Bermuda came thru tho. And some young Johnson grass!
20220612_092301.jpg
Got 90 bales sold to a couple friends.
Won't hardly pay for the wire at $115 a box.
Need to made some and store for sale later I guess..

So I made a few bales at home to test it out.
All ok.
Made the 2 mile trip down the road to start on another place. Pull in and proceed to make exactly 1 bale before it eats BOTH shear pins. Flywheel and knotter mechanism.

Only thing I can figure is it was bouncing around so much on this fine road we have, that it juggled the star wheel feeder arm guage thingy (that's a technical term btw) and fouled things up.

Now I gotta re-time it this evening and hope everything is OK

Cranked the tension up a bit. Made a few really nice tight heavy bales.
20220613_065603.jpg

So I found out why the knotter shear bolt broke. One of the boxes of wire messed up. I had a huge tangled mess of wire, 3 or 4 strands feeding into one side. That was a nightmare to remove!!

Took me a couple hours to get that straightened out and the baler re-timed. But it was worth it. I really enjoy making bales when this machine is working right. Just about got her dialed in.

This lil spot made about 100 bales. Made quite a bit more last year but the lack of rain slowed it down this year. The windrows were just about perfect for the baler! I think I could've ran 2 gear, but stayed in 1st. First is just about perfect.

20220614_071853.jpg

Won't hardly pay for the wire at $115 a box.
🫣 I ordered 4boxes from tsc. . . $149 a box.
I have had trouble in the past with the wire pulling extra coils out of the box. Usually when the cheap cardboard box tears. I have started putting gorilla tape around the box before I take it out of the truck. 🤞so far that's stopped my trouble.

🫣 I ordered 4boxes from tsc. . . $149 a box.
I have had trouble in the past with the wire pulling extra coils out of the box. Usually when the cheap cardboard box tears. I have started putting gorilla tape around the box before I take it out of the truck. 🤞so far that's stopped my trouble.
That's getting on my last nerve! Exactly whats happened with one of each of the pair of boxes I've used.
It don't work good when it tries to feed 3 or 4 wires into the knotter!!
😠 😡