26-0-0 liquid fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
They gave me a 5 gallon bucket of 26-0-0 liquid fertilizer at the feed mill today. I'm not sure of any other detail about it, other than that. I had been asking about foliar fertilizer there a couple months ago. I guess they wanted me to try some. Pride got in the way, and I didn't want to look stupid, so I didn't ask the obvious--------------How much do I put to the acre, and is there a grazing restriction.

With 23% we put 2,3,4 or 5 gal per acre per trip across cotton several times a season. You could keep them off for a day or two but I bet they could graze while your spraying it. Not putting a lot of product on at a time.

Thanks. I'll get in the middle, and spray the whole thing on a couple of acres. I'm anxious to see if it makes a difference.

I tried some a few years that was basically pureed fish guts. Nasty, Nasty, Nasty. Should be a gallon, to a gallon and a half per acre.

Would you guys spray it on a pasture that you just grazed short, or on grass that your cows are on their way to?

I would spray the short grazed area in hopes that it would be enough rain to give it a good kick and come back faster since we are in the fall season and you are in the east basically like me. I just spread some 19-19-19 on a short grazed are about a week ago.

It's been 2 weeks since I sprayed. I can't see any noticeable difference in color, much less growth. I've always got some coockamamee plan. If it had worked, I was going to cut some fescue next year as it just started to make a stem. Get the hay off, and spray the field with liquid fertilizer. Hopeing for two cuttings of just blades in close succession. Oh well, atleast this experiment didn't cost me anything. We've actually had some good weather the last 2 weeks for fescue to grow. It was a good window to see how the grass reacts.

I ended up putting a shade over 2 gallons to the acre. I would have thought it woud have atleast greened it up a little. I spread a little manure on another pasture about the same time. Got a pretty good rain on it last Saturday, and you can see right were the manure was applied. I know that's not comparing apples to apples, but I was hoping to see some reaction.

With the liquid your not putting out near enough. Just like talking horsepower in engines, there's no replacement for displacement. In fertilizer if you want tons of something you have to handle tons.

The foliar fans focus on a couple benefits to justify the cost and the hassle:

- less dependent on rain for absorption
- higher % ultilization
- ability to include micro nutrients and high tech growth boosters (so just N is not a great approach)

You would want to do before and after tissue tests to get serious.

Latest posts