25 dead

Help Support CattleToday:

kinghenry22

Reaction score
what would make 25 heifers drop dead in one day? no one has said anything yet. being that im new to cattle im kinda freaking out cause im less than half a mile away from that guys property. i also heard that they just burried them is that proper disposal of dead cattle?

Poison?

As long as they're buried deep, that contains the problem to that property. I'd be nervous and I would be asking questions.

Had a friend lose 36 mature cattle last summer. He had hauled them water in a poly tank that had previously been used for liquid fertilizer. Those that didn't die were aborting calves all over the place.

TexasBred":2qr14vsn said:
Had a friend lose 36 mature cattle last summer. He had hauled them water in a poly tank that had previously been used for liquid fertilizer. Those that didn't die were aborting calves all over the place.

My uncles had the same thing happen a couple years ago..... sad situation. Could easily have been avoided.

yall were on point. I still didnt get all the info on the situation, all they told me was that it was the pesticide they had just sprayed. i appreciate the info.

My neihgbor left his barn door open and his cows got into some chemical used on cotton years ago. killed about 15 registered brangus.

25 dead is a bad deal. The neighbor had lost 2 calves that licked a battery that was buried in his pasture (from the previous owner of the property), and I thought that was bad, losing 25 head would suck.

Latest posts