25 Below

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
That's the predicted wind chill for tonight.... Temp is supposed to drop to about 10-15 Below... This is November- what is January going to be like :???: :(

Today I helped a neighbor ship- and the wind chill was about 20 Below all the time we were loading trailers- snowing and blowing with 5" of snow on the ground... We had to drive thru a small creek that was running about a foot and half deep of water- so then we had one of the trailers brakes freeze up while loading it... So out came the propane torch to get it moving again :roll: ....

This kind of cowboy fun just doesn't thrill me like it did 40-50 years ago... ;-) But tomorrow same story- just different neighbor...At least we don't have a creek there to cross...

Don't worry global warming should kick in someday.......maybe. :lol2:

I was loading pigs today, in short sleeved cover-alls. The load out door faces the north-west, and that cold air was howling through. Surprising the pigs actually got on the trailer easy enough. Usually any breeze, or cold air makes them lock up in the door way, and it would just about as easy to carry them all on.

You have a very beautiful place but I in no way wish I was there right now. With those conditions nobody would be out here much less be loading out.

Oldtimer":x6i6b3os said:
That's the predicted wind chill for tonight.... Temp is supposed to drop to about 10-15 Below... This is November- what is January going to be like :???: :(

Yeah, here too. I have been wondering that same thing, and I'm really not sure I want the answer! Of course, it didn't help matters that Sunday(the day before this mess blew in) was 70 degrees. I'm with you - I'm too old for this crap! :(

Temp at 0630 was -18--- wind chill about -30 and on my way out the door to help a neighbor up Antelope Creek ship... FUN, FUN, FUN!

Stay warm OT :) Coldest night yet here. I've got a couple 5 gal jugs of water in my unheated porch that are a bit slushy this morning :lol:

-7 here right now. The sun is out and no wind. Really doesn't really feel as cold as it did yesterday with our +10 high and the wind chill.

It's 30 here with a breeze, and I'm freezing. I'm about ready to say screw deer hunting for this morning.
It kinda takes the fun out of it, but I can't give up yet.

I had to go down through Portland yesterday. The timing on this trip put me at rush hour both ways. It was 30 degrees and raining with the wind howling down out of the Columbia gorge. Portland is famous for ice during these conditions but all those city drivers didn't seem to care. I guess they don't have anything to live for.

tamarack":3qyc5jlz said:
-27c here right now. Have 30 heifers to preg test tomorrow should warm to -20c by afternoon when the vet comes,at least she will have one warm hand :shock:

hahaha!, set her up so she can do two at a time... and post pictures :p

-27C is the coldest we've ever had here, happened 3 days after we moved in.. and everything was frozen solid, a house with no insulation, no putty left in the windows, and a little Ashley stove that was so thin you could see the fire through the metal. 24 years later now, we just installed new windows and insulated, (we reputtied the windows the first year) the Ashley has been gone since the second year.
Them weren't the 'good old days'.. burnt about 7 cords of wood that winter, I think we'll be down to 3 now.

Stay warm out there!

Actually, it's late here this year. I can not remember a year that we didn't have snow by Halloween, but we didn't this year. The only difference is that, when winter finally hit, the temps have held. It just goes along with the rest of this unrelenting year from hell.

highgrit":14a9clzi said:
It's 30 here with a breeze, and I'm freezing. I'm about ready to say screw deer hunting for this morning.
It kinda takes the fun out of it, but I can't give up yet.

Deer hunters are a hardy bunch :p

Guys got a deer yesterday. Hung it up on the tractor inside the quonset. Tractor started right up at +5 with treated #2 in it. Out looking for more deer now.

I had 21 degrees this morning with a heavy frost. Dang cold and awfully early for this part of the country. Suppose to be 70 again by Sunday.

Latest posts