24D restrictions

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":31vq4q5a said:
kd4au":31vq4q5a said:
Jogeephus":31vq4q5a said:
Good point. I spray a lot of "volatile" herbicides near cotton without any problems with drift but I use water concentrations from 20 - 40 gal/acre depending on how much leaf area is being treated. I was taught to try and apply enough solution to get it to the verge of runoff to insure maximum coverage and kill. The kill is more important to me than efficiency. Like you say, its the low volume concentrations which are more apt to bite you when it comes to drift. You can watch some people spray and you can see they are applying an aerosol by the cloud behind their sprayer and this is asking for trouble.
Yea I guess I could go to bigger nozzles and put out more gallons per acre but then I would have to fill the tank more often and I only have 200 gallon tank.So I think I will stay as is and spray early.

Or you could adjust your speed and pressure.

I have different speeds and pressures mixtures for what I want to accomplish. I have them written on the tank in ear tag ink . makes it simple reference and hook up and go

kd4au":3o7bwic3 said:
Jogeephus":3o7bwic3 said:
kd4au":3o7bwic3 said:
Did you check the calibration to see if that is how much it is spraying or just going by what someone told you? If it is spraying 10 per acre then that would be right.My rig is set up to spray 17.5 gallons per acre,they say you have less drift with more gallons per acre.

Good point. I spray a lot of "volatile" herbicides near cotton without any problems with drift but I use water concentrations from 20 - 40 gal/acre depending on how much leaf area is being treated. I was taught to try and apply enough solution to get it to the verge of runoff to insure maximum coverage and kill. The kill is more important to me than efficiency. Like you say, its the low volume concentrations which are more apt to bite you when it comes to drift. You can watch some people spray and you can see they are applying an aerosol by the cloud behind their sprayer and this is asking for trouble.
Yea I guess I could go to bigger nozzles and put out more gallons per acre but then I would have to fill the tank more often and I only have 200 gallon tank.So I think I will stay as is and spray early.
I put out 15 to 20 gallons per acre depending on ground speed and swath overlap. Never had issues with drift.

I mix 8 quarts of half Amine and half another more costly type which is white and creamy (not brown and runny) in 100 gallons of water (2%) which is the average of the recommended dosage and it does about 5 acres so I guess that's 20 gallons of mix per acre. I get great results, better than if I had used 8 quarts of Amine alone (which is what I had used till this last application) and I get carryover. Had folks on here wise crack me about my comments previously, but the last time I sprayed my hay patch was 2 years ago and I still have no weeds to speak of.......you have to look hard to find one and when you do it's stunted. If that's not carryover then what is it?????