24D and cattle grazing

Help Support CattleToday:

Eastwaviking

Reaction score
I just sprayed my pasture with 24d to kill the dang knapweed.
I put my cattle in a small pasture. How long should I wait until I let them out into the sprayed pasture. How long should I wait to butcher?

thanks.

Eastwaviking":2zy3dkp4 said:
I just sprayed my pasture with 24d to kill the dang knapweed.
I put my cattle in a small pasture. How long should I wait until I let them out into the sprayed pasture. How long should I wait to butcher?

thanks.

Not trying to be a smarta*@ here, but when all else fails, read the directions. They will tell you about any restrictions on grazing, how long to wait, etc. To the best of my knowledge, there are several different brands that sell as 2-4D (Plateau, 2-4D Amine, I'm sure there are others as well), but whether each of them have the same restrictions on grazing is something I don't know. Not knowing the particular brand that you have used, I can't answer your question, but the directions can.

2,4,-d can be sprayed on pasture while they are grazing. Unless they are lactating dairy cattle then I think it is something like 7 days. I think there is something like a 30 day restriction for harvesting hay, and moving slaughter animals off the field 3 days prior to butcher.

The directions can often be misleading depending on whether the manufacturer has spent the extra money to get the product labeled for such.

Latest posts