.243 Repair?

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Ok I am going to keep this brief.
My Remington .243 stock has been completely shattered, the trigger is broken and the scope was snapped in half.

Don't ask.

Can I take it to a gunsmith and possibly get it repaired?

Yes, you cna buy stocks for them every where... e-net, ebay, ect... There are also triggers and actions.

Most likely unless the gun has sentimental value you will probable be better off just buying a new one, but I don't know that for sure. Make sure to ask the gunsmith. Especially if it took a major hit,,, like getting ran over :D ,,, there may be more wrong than meets the eye.

After that kinda damage, is the bore still straight?

You can order stocks from places like Cabelas. No big deal. By the way, its best not to cut hay while carrying a gun. I know those cowbirds do make tempting targets but is it really worth the hassle. ;-) :lol2: Sorry about your rifle.

MPR no way.
Wewild that is why I am looking for a gunsmith to make sure the bore is still straight. It looks to me like it is, but I want to make sure.
Jo that is not what happened, just not happy to talk about what did happen.
Found a stock on e-Bay. Found a gunsmith, so I am off and running to get it repaired.

Well, enquiring minds want to know. Of course if you don't tell all then we just have to make something up. Seriously though, when some time passes and you have the gun repaired maybe you can then let us know what happened. Till then, hang in there as I'm sure the bore is ok.

I luv herfrds":3gz6wah3 said:
Ok I am going to keep this brief.
My Remington .243 stock has been completely shattered, the trigger is broken and the scope was snapped in half.

Don't ask.

Can I take it to a gunsmith and possibly get it repaired?

Can you scrub the tire tracks off with a brillo pad? :lol:

The bore is straight and the gunsmith has everything he needs to repair it. He says I lucked out because it is extremely hard to find certain parts for a Remington Model 788 .243

Let me guess....you were out plinking at those pesky cowbirds that Jo referred to and your herd bull took exception to the gunfire and charged at you. You gun was empty so you had to club said bull over the noggin to avoid serious bodily harm. Thus shattering the heirloom into a thousand pieces :banana: :tiphat: :welcome: :cboy:

I luv herfrds":1zdo3q7h said:
Family and I were coming back from town.

I won't go into to too much detail here because it was really unpleasant. Just say I got my rifle away from him and threw it, several times.

So, your husband and you were fighting in front of family, I assume kids? And then there was an unpleasant exchange in getting the rifle away from him. Can I assum a verbal lashing or physical struggle? My mind can only imagine the things that could have happened and the consequences.

You guys need :help: .

Latest posts