24' stock trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7":1secd6jr said:
Any problem pulling it fully loaded with a f-250 diesel ?

Shouldn't be any problems at all. I've pulled a 32' with a 3/4 ton but had to look wayyyyy down the road.

It never occurred to me that I might not have enough pickup for a 24' trailer until I saw the other thread

Yes you have plenty, it is common around here to see someone pulling a flatbed gooseneck hauling a 14000lb dozer with a 3/4 ton truck.

cross_7":fqqjouvz said:
tripleBfarms":fqqjouvz said:
As long as you have at least 10 ply tires you'll be fine.

What ?

10 ply tires are Load Range E. They can carry more weight than Load Range D or smaller. If your tires aren't rated for a heavy load, they will "pancake" out and your rear end can start to sway, and maybe you wreck or blow out a tire. Just Make sure your tires are stout enough and in good shape before you haul a lot of weight with a single wheel truck.

tripleBfarms":1rfkgx8i said:
cross_7":1rfkgx8i said:
tripleBfarms":1rfkgx8i said:
As long as you have at least 10 ply tires you'll be fine.

What ?

10 ply tires are Load Range E. They can carry more weight than Load Range D or smaller. If your tires aren't rated for a heavy load, they will "pancake" out and your rear end can start to sway, and maybe you wreck or blow out a tire. Just Make sure your tires are stout enough and in good shape before you haul a lot of weight with a single wheel truck.

Got ya
Couldn't figure out why the tires would matter

You'll be fine. I will second making sure your trucks tires are up to it, though.

That said, if you haven't bought a trailer yet, and you're thinking you're going to be loading real heavy much of the time you're using it, you might consider going to a triple axle 28'. It takes a lot of weight off your truck compared to a tandem axle 24'. I know lots of people don't like triple axles, but they're easier on your truck, and easier on trailer tires - if you don't make a habit of turning real tight, anyway.

Latest posts