24 hours

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
That's how long it's been raining here. Really it's been more than that. I woke up yesterday morning and it was raining. I woke up this morning and it is still raining. It let's up at times and gets harder at times but it really hasn't stopped at all. I've got enough. I sure wish some of you folks needing rain was getting this instead of me.

Haven't had much here yet but they say Atlanta will be hammered with ice. I thought about riding up there to see if its as bad as they say. :mrgreen:

wish you would ship it out to sea.....

when it gets here tonight it is supposed to be a foot or more of snow capped with ice.

Been raining here since mid-night. Had to take my girl to school this morning, which didn't make much sense. The school board called for a 1/2 day of school for today because of the weather, and winter break starts tomorrow. But the FFA officers are cooking breakfast for the teachers this morning, so she had to be at school before 6am. This is some crappy weather, but it sure beats being 0 or below.
Jo, have a safe trip, I'm sure you'll make good time.

Jogeephus":2eu2v2wz said:
Haven't had much here yet but they say Atlanta will be hammered with ice. I thought about riding up there to see if its as bad as they say. :mrgreen:

That's a great idea right there Jo! At least the cold stuff stayed north of me this time. Temps have been in the low 40s so no ice. I hear it's bad up in north Mississippi and it's headed for Atlanta.

was wondering if you fellas were getting this "wintry mix". Ice accumulating in the fields and pine limbs are beginning to bow. Just had first power surge. Keep ya heads down...... John Reb

It's 33 here now in town. I spread 2 rolls of hay out on the driest ground for the calves this morning. Hopefully they will make it, the calves were shriving real bad and soaked to the bone.

Deepsouth":3s47md7m said:
That's how long it's been raining here. Really it's been more than that. I woke up yesterday morning and it was raining. I woke up this morning and it is still raining. It let's up at times and gets harder at times but it really hasn't stopped at all. I've got enough. I sure wish some of you folks needing rain was getting this instead of me.

Congratulations! yes, I am sure alot of folks west of us...(including around here) would be glad to take some of that moisture.

highgrit":3i3zkorp said:
It's 33 here now in town. I spread 2 rolls of hay out on the driest ground for the calves this morning. Hopefully they will make it, the calves were shriving real bad and soaked to the bone.

It's 22 here and snowing hard. I don't care for it but would rather deal with this then 33 and rain. I think freezing rain is harder on them.

fitz

It's snowing here now. Oh well ended up with 4" of rain. And I am thankful we have power and our driveway didn't wash out. But we still have to feed up and see if everybody made it. Everyone look good from what I could see.

I think I'd just as soon see snow than what we had earlier in the week. Drizzling, misting, or pouring rain with pretty hard wind and temps just above freezing night and day for nearly 3 days.

greybeard":rlon4l1w said:
I think I'd just as soon see snow than what we had earlier in the week. Drizzling, misting, or pouring rain with pretty hard wind and temps just above freezing night and day for nearly 3 days.

well we got it all last night.....good news is the weather terrorist got it wrong and we had a foot less snow than they been screaming about for three days prior.

we had about four inches of snow and about 1:00 am switched over to a light freezing rain....but my buddy who is a deputy sheriff called me on his way to work and said the roads were litttered with wrecks and soon to be wrecks....

I took the tractor and opened a track from the house to the road and I can get out and go if I need to.....

was not enough crust on the snow to support the dogs and they broke thru on about every other step.....
Apache just trudged on unbothered.....

Dee Dee tickled the heck out of me....every time her front foot broke through it was like she thought she was plunging into the ocean and she would back up....she worried herself until she was stranded on a mound that did not give way. I opened the door and called her and she wanted me to come and get her.....I called again and she took a giant leap and galloped to the house.....I wish I had the camera near by.....it was hilarious.....

I think it's done here. I measured 20 inches. Makes it hard hard to open gates when feeding.

fitz

Latest posts