24' Free Standing Corral Panels Question

Help Support CattleToday:

JeffK-MN

Reaction score
Has any of you used the 24' corral panels?
My old panels are showing there age. We went to look at some 24' ones. They are from 600-800 pounds the heavier ones have more support. But the lighter ones would holdup cattle in as well.
I'm thinking of redoing the whole cattle working area with safety more in mind with grand kids starting to help out. Thanks for your help Jeff

Lots of people making them nowadays. Try to stay with pipe construction (2 3/8 or 2 7/8) and avoid sucker rod as it will bend if an animal tries to climb through it and will never look as good as new. Only thing worth buying for a corral of any kind these days. I need to buy a bunch more this year to do up permanent catch pens in summer pastures. All the old wooden corrals in the countryside are being replaced with these. Sell for new or above new price at auction as well, so they are a solid investment.

Thanks for the info.
How do most of them put gates on?
All the ones I have seen have the sucker rods in the middle and pipe only on top and bottom. Jeff

JeffK-MN":2g3g0zu9 said:
Thanks for the info.
How do most of them put gates on?
All the ones I have seen have the sucker rods in the middle and pipe only on top and bottom. Jeff

Some just add a bracket or collar on the end pipe to attach the gate to. The best make a a double hinge that lets the gate swing flat against the panel in either direction.

http://levelwelding.com/freestanding-corral-panels/

I've got a wire customer that makes them.
Norman Graber 812-243-8292
They run trucks all over. Tell him I sent you if you call him.

Latest posts