23 Year Old Rancher Wins $232M

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy":1741wdvf said:
Australian":1741wdvf said:
I think the winnings are too big. I'd rather see 13 people win one million than one person win the whole lot.

thats a great idea!

Nope!
Lottery makes money when people play lots of $. BIG jackpots bring out the $. Heck, I won't risk a $ for ONLY $1 million. But if it gets to 200 million, I'll throw a dollar in to the pot. Even discounted, $200 mil would let me ride smooth for the rest of my days. A lot more folks will buy a chance on $100 million + prizes.

Australian":1h80e5hp said:
I don't blame you with all the tax your government takes. If there were more prizes I'd have a go all the time.

I agree colin if there were more prizes I'd do the lotto....one I will never do and I don't care how much it gets to is the Euro Lotto that's about here now. Quite often it gets to 100.000, but there are 12 Countries involved. So how slim are your chances then.

I know I have told this story on here in the past. My best friend from back in school won $13 mil in the lottery. Actually it was 18 years ago tomorrow. He has now on his third marriage and flat broke. I wont go into all the details but basically it did a wonderful job of ruining his life. Money does not solve all a person's problems, in fact it brings a whole new set of problems with it.
I don't buy lottery tickets.

Dave":1ec70mg6 said:
I know I have told this story on here in the past. My best friend from back in school won $13 mil in the lottery. Actually it was 18 years ago tomorrow. He has now on his third marriage and flat broke. I wont go into all the details but basically it did a wonderful job of ruining his life. Money does not solve all a person's problems, in fact it brings a whole new set of problems with it.

How do you know if he didn't win the lottery his life wouldn't be ruined (or the same as it is now)?

I don't know about money ruining your life, but I'd like to have the chance to try. I don't do the lotto as there is more chance to be struck by lightening than winning, so I keep the £ in my pocket.

chrisy":gxr2ihnk said:
I don't know about money ruining your life, but I'd like to have the chance to try. I don't do the lotto as there is more chance to be struck by lightening than winning, so I keep the £ in my pocket.

It is amazing how many of us deduce the relationship of money with ruining lives (camel through a needle's eye) when there is absolutely no way to prove it. The logic is like...I have blue eyes...I have a good job. Therefore all blue eyed men have good jobs.

HerefordSire":11c1hggj said:
Dave":11c1hggj said:

How do you know if he didn't win the lottery his life wouldn't be ruined (or the same as it is now)?

I think that it is impossible for money to ruin a persons life. If the "money" ruined a persons life, they had a life that was already ruined and the money just hastened the situation...

grannysoo":38afnwg2 said:
HerefordSire":38afnwg2 said:
Dave":38afnwg2 said:

I think that it is impossible for money to ruin a persons life. If the "money" ruined a persons life, they had a life that was already ruined and the money just hastened the situation...

That is what I am thinking unless you are equating "ruin" will "he77".

"Lord,please let me prove winning the lottery won't ruin MY life" :D :nod:

Latest posts