.22LR

Help Support CattleToday:

john s":f5ljmae2 said:
Lever action Henry Built in the USA make sure he watches a few John Wayne Movies first :lol: :lol:

I have a couple of Henry's good gun's.
One 22 mag stay's on the mule talk about an abused weapon that is it.
I have ran over it dropped it in the creek in the sand you name it.
Clean it up and it keeps right on running.

hillsdown":13vv7y3n said:
I guess I misunderstood too Alan . Now they are just trying to find 22 LR amo in Louisiana.

Thanks for the responses everyone . :tiphat:
If they find any I would appreciate knowing where.
Cabelas in Gonzales may have it sometimes but you have to get there first thing in the mornings because it disappears fast.
Salesman told me they limit it to 3 boxes per customer.

Ryder":15uk5bls said:
hillsdown":15uk5bls said:
I guess I misunderstood too Alan . Now they are just trying to find 22 LR amo in Louisiana.

Thanks for the responses everyone . :tiphat:
If they find any I would appreciate knowing where.
Cabelas in Gonzales may have it sometimes but you have to get there first thing in the mornings because it disappears fast.
Salesman told me they limit it to 3 boxes per customer.

Thanks Ryder, and if I hear where they find any I will let you know .

> With only one round in a magazine they still have to load the next round (remove empty magazine, insert new magazine, retract bolt and release) before it will fire again. Don;t understand how that is less safe then a bolt action or single shot.

Kind of like handing over the keys and a full tank of gas to your 427 Cobra to your 16 yo kid and expecting them to be responsible. Especially when "you" are not paying attention.

Teach them with the old single shot and let them buy their next gun like most of us did.

hillsdown":15ra7m64 said:
Thanks guys ! I have sent all the info on to my friend . :tiphat:
Went to a gunshow in Gonzales, La. today. It runs through tomorrow Sun., if your friend is close.
They did have some .22 long rifle at $10. per box of 50. I wanted some but didn't buy it. That is outrageous. But I didn't believe that gasoline would ever go to $1.00 per gallon either.
Did buy some larger caliber ammo, 5.56 and .40.

Saw something I had never seen before--some very short shotgun shells. Minature in length. I asked what they were for and he said,"midgets". Couldn't help but laugh.