22 Magnums

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattleman200

Reaction score
These online sites that you guys deal with, Do any of them currently have 22 Mag shells? I have not found any available in our area since this ammo depression hit. Thanks, Bill

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":10xp6vxv said:
These online sites that you guys deal with, Do any of them currently have 22 Mag shells? I have not found any available in our area since this ammo depression hit. Thanks, Bill

Circle H Ranch

One store in our area has some.
The only other place I have seen any is here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Rifle-Ammuniti ... ds=*22+mag

22 bullets are making there way back, but slowly. I had to have my local sporting store hold a box for me last month, pay in advance. They only get a few boxes in at a time. Its a good thing cause foxes and wood chucks are getting a little to close for comfort.

dgree":1vo6z0gy said:
22 bullets are making there way back, but slowly. I had to have my local sporting store hold a box for me last month, pay in advance. They only get a few boxes in at a time. Its a good thing cause foxes and wood chucks are getting a little to close for comfort.

.17 hmr works well for those too.

skyhightree1":1noqsjkk said:
dgree":1noqsjkk said:

Never heard a .17 till now. geez that's 2 things I learned today. Nice find find TY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.17_HMR

dgree":3tomweeq said:
skyhightree1":3tomweeq said:
dgree":3tomweeq said:

Never heard a .17 till now. geez that's 2 things I learned today. Nice find find TY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.17_HMR

They are a fun decent round and give you more range on varmints. I wouldnt shoot anything up close I planned to eat with it like a squirrel. I keep a .17 in my truck I love the thing. I know alot of people love the 22 mag but I prefer the .17 for my own personal uses. I hunt bobcat fox and groundhog with mine it does great I know some hunt coyote with it. If you ever get a chance to get one try one out I did read the link you posted and yes the .17 is louder almost like 3 22lr going off at once but it has a more of a high powered rifle undertone to it.

dgree":2gvcpmb5 said:

The 17HMR is a worthless round IMO something gun manufacture's needed to sell more gun's.
A 22 mag will do the same thing with a bigger bullet and more foot pounds of energy.
The 22 mag with a 30 grain bullet is running right with the 17HMR with a 20 grain
It also has a much wider range of bullet weight's from 25 grain to 45 grain. A 40 grain 22 mag is a bad ass little round running right with a 20 grain 17HMR. I have killed hog's, deer and all kind of other varmit's with. I wouldn't even consider shooting at with a BB gun round.
The 22 mag has some drawback's as well as the manufactures don't really like the round as it a tween round it doesn't work well in recoiled operated semi's or blowback system semi's. Several have introduced semi's thinking they have solved the problem to all drop the line at a later date. That is why they stick to lever, pump and bolt action rifles or revolver's.

There's one huge difference between the .17 & 22mag. Exploding body parts. Hunting squirrels is all about the head shot. YouTube has numerous videos on point.

That said, I'll keep a 22mag. However I'm thinking of getting rid of my gun and buying a new savage in 22mag. Since I moved and got all my ammo together, I have enough 22mag to last me and still leave some behind.

I also have to admit I'm thinking of buying one of the Kal Tec 22mag auto. Something like 30+ round capacity. I like the round that much.

Latest posts