22 magnum revolver

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
I've been looking for an 22 magnum revolver.
I like the looks of Colt Frontier Scout 62 22 Magnum and Ruger 22 wmr bearcat
But I really don't know anything about them or have any experience with single or double action
Any advice would be appreciated

I really like the ruger single six, comes with the lr and wmr cylinder. I have 2 of them and think there great, alot better than the bearcat IMO. The colt is fine also.

denvermartinfarms":15khxf9x said:
I really like the ruger single six, comes with the lr and wmr cylinder. I have 2 of them and think there great, alot better than the bearcat IMO. The colt is fine also.

I like the single six but something about the front sight or something makes it seem too modern
I like the old look guns

cross_7":354j0yaz said:
denvermartinfarms":354j0yaz said:

I like the single six but something about the front sight or something makes it seem too modern
I like the old look guns
A old single six with the front blade sight should be fairly easy to find, I have one old one like that, then one new stainless.

denvermartinfarms":2e36i3t7 said:
cross_7":2e36i3t7 said:
denvermartinfarms":2e36i3t7 said:

I like the old look guns
A old single six with the front blade sight should be fairly easy to find, I have one old one like that, then one new stainless.

I haven't seen one like that, I'll look a little more

cross_7":36quwav1 said:
denvermartinfarms":36quwav1 said:
cross_7":36quwav1 said:
I like the old look guns

I haven't seen one like that, I'll look a little more

Exactly the one I have and like a bunch, 2 cylinders. It's the pistol I shoot the most these days with the price of ammo.

But watch what you buy, the older models didn't have a guard to protect the firing pin from the hammer, so it had the possibility of going off with too much pressure on the hammer ..... Like your hand hits the hammer pulling it out of the holster. Ruger fixed them for free years ago, I would think most are fixed, but heads up. You can tell if it's that series of pistol buy those have three screws in the body of the pistol, the newer models, like mine, do not have those screws.

Ouachita":58n1d687 said:
My youngest son bought a Heritage Arms 22 revolver. It comes with LR and magnum cylinders. Shoots great and feels great in your hand. He later purchased a holster from Heritage that fits the gun perfect. I'm impressed with the quality and accuracy.
http://www.heritagemfg.com/product_deta ... prod_id=53
I bought one a few years back and really like it .. I kill all my trapped pigs with it . It's a shooter for sure .

Ouachita":2li8lvul said:
My youngest son bought a Heritage Arms 22 revolver. It comes with LR and magnum cylinders. Shoots great and feels great in your hand. He later purchased a holster from Heritage that fits the gun perfect. I'm impressed with the quality and accuracy.

I like the looks of it

cross_7":1rwngpjx said:
Ouachita":1rwngpjx said:

I like the looks of it
You'll like the price too. I was hesitant to give my blessing at first. It was his money; He earned it, but he is still young enough he likes my opinion ;-) . I ask around and recieved only good feedback. After he made the purchase, I love it. Has a real nice feel to it, and is as accurate as any .22 revolver I've shot. Some firearms just feel right and this is in that category. Go to a gun shop and hold one. My son's is a 6 inch barrel (or may be a 6-3/8ths or close to that)

denvermartinfarms":ip3rzmw8 said:
I've had some pretty bad luck with heritage, as far as quality and service.
This is the first Heritage Arms in the family, so I can't offer anything as for service, but what model do you own that you had a quality issue with?

Ouachita":tty7vjho said:
denvermartinfarms":tty7vjho said:
I've had some pretty bad luck with heritage, as far as quality and service.
This is the first Heritage Arms in the family, so I can't offer anything as for service, but what model do you own that you had a quality issue with?
I have a rough rider, and I have really felt like I nearly got what I paid for, it was new and pretty quick the cylinder quit turning, had my dealer send it back, then 3 months later got it back in the same shape. Finally got it fixed here. Then a few other problems. I will say this was a few years back, so the may have improved. I just think even if they are cheap, your probably better off with a ruger or colt.

Ouachita":ctp523p9 said:

Academy has a Heritage Arms revolver for 189.00 I'm not sure it's this exact model but it looks good
The 189 price tag and DM experience makes me leery

Well I sure wouldn't recommend one to anyone, I've also heard alot of the same kind of story's from others. Mine was what is supposed to be the stainless or satin finish and it's peeled probably 1/4 off, and I'm not hard on my guns. I say it's a get what you pay for deal.

I bought a heritage revolver .22 the day after thanksgiving at bass pro. I had a bunch of gift cards i needed to use. i haven't shot it so i can't speak first hand on it. there are several guys at work that have them and like them. they are what they are.

It will be hard to beat the the Ruger single-six. Mine has the adjustable sights and it's a good shooter.
I've heard nothing bad about the Heritage till DM. and it's 1/2 the price.

Here's my heritage, notice the poor finish and the broken grip :???:

Here's my single six, good shooter and has alot more use than the other and still about like new.