2024 Stocker Project!

Help Support CattleToday:

Move your mineral and salt away from the water. They will graze more away from water if you do.
They got the grazing part down. But haven't really hit the mineral. I had planned on putting it in their path to the water tank. It's off to the side quite a ways right now. Been a bit frustrating really. Can't believe I forgot to do that today.

I wonder if there is something I could add to my mineral to entice them. With no rain forecast for a while I may take the top off for a few days. I know they need it as evidenced by the coat color. Unfortunately I don't have any animals there to show them how to use it.

They got the grazing part down. But haven't really hit the mineral. I had planned on putting it in their path to the water tank. It's off to the side quite a ways right now. Been a bit frustrating really. Can't believe I forgot to do that today.

I wonder if there is something I could add to my mineral to entice them. With no rain forecast for a while I may take the top off for a few days. I know they need it as evidenced by the coat color. Unfortunately I don't have any animals there to show them how to use it.
I would place it near the water source until they know the container and then move away.

Never seen one that didnt figure it out when they need salt. Might try pure salt for a few days.

Right on!
I'll try this, then the other.

Lots and lots of folks in this area don't feed any mineral at all. All mine know what it is by the time they are 2 or 3 months old. My guess these calves are some that have never seen a mineral tub in their life.

If they need minerals they will not need to be enticed to eat them.

This black hereford heifer has really come along!
Day of purchase. 1st 2 pics
Screenshot_20240619-221911_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240619-221917_Gallery.jpg
Here she is. A totally different looking animal! 31 days in
20240619_201534.jpg20240619_201531.jpg
The others are slicking right up too! Dang big brindle STILL ain't lost his nutz. The other one is clean tho. Won't be long.
20240619_201537.jpg20240619_202007.jpg
No minerals at this place!

I'm thinking some Holstein in your baldy.
Yeah.... sorry to say, but I think that's what the buyers may think as well this fall. We shall see. She is growing well tho!

As an aside I bought another lil bull calf and promptly got a band and some wormer on him. And his mama! 😆
Mama is a 5 yr old and a touch thin. Hopefully she puts a little condition on and breeds up. I'd like to turn these 2 into cash in a couple months.

20240717_171617.jpg

Latest posts