2021 breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well I have been working on my 2021 breeding. We will be using a wide variety of bulls but have used them in hopes of maintaining uniformity and balance within the herd. Bulls we will be using are:

Gizmo D Boss - registration # 18807913 horrible numbers but excellent calves

Coleman Charlo - registration # 16879074 the daughters are phenomenal and the bulls easy to sell

Hoover Counselir N29 registration # 17889330 giving him a look

Coleman Engage registration # 18402687 we have sampled him the past two years just a few calves but all are really nice so keeping him in the mix

S A V Grass Roots registration 28258137 trying him this year love his genetics

Coleman Juneau 3345 registration #17783596 I just love the pedigree on this bull

Coleman Marshall 7170 registration #19102287 another pedigree that hits on all cylinders for me

SS Niagara Z29 registration 17287387 I used him last year but ended up selling all but one of the cows he was bred to. The one bull calf was a keeper so trying again this year

SAV Rainfall registration 18578963 I really love the Rainfall progeny they are really complete

Coleman Resolve 7219 registration # 19102305 I like this bull a bunch

we will also be putting in embryos from a variety of donors.

We like our Niagara daughters but only have two. Am waiting on some True North (Rainfall son) calves to hit the ground. I am excited to see what they look like. We are expecting some Patriarch (Niagara son) calves too. Should start seeing them by the end of this month!

Gee things come around quickly, I'll be starting on my heifers in the middle of next month, I'm trying to get plenty of early July calves now as I am aiming to sell yearling bulls in Sept/October. I am trying to cut down on the number of bulls I use also. The main ones for this season are
Mead Magnitude
GAR Ashland
DB Iconic
Plus I want to get rid of the dregs in my tank and I have a few Exclusive left and odds and ends of Resource, Rainmaster, Clunie Range Plantation, Basin Rainmaker and Coonamble Nicnat. Most of these dregs I will use on the rebreeds.

Ken

Gee things come around quickly, I'll be starting on my heifers in the middle of next month, I'm trying to get plenty of early July calves now as I am aiming to sell yearling bulls in Sept/October. I am trying to cut down on the number of bulls I use also. The main ones for this season are
Mead Magnitude
GAR Ashland
DB Iconic
Plus I want to get rid of the dregs in my tank and I have a few Exclusive left and odds and ends of Resource, Rainmaster, Clunie Range Plantation, Basin Rainmaker and Coonamble Nicnat. Most of these dregs I will use on the rebreeds.

Ken
We have a couple Magnitude daughters getting bred this November and they are looking real nice.

We have a couple Magnitude daughters getting bred this November and they are looking real nice.
Thanks, I am pleased to hear that, his BW and calving ease over here is not too bad along with reasonable growth. With selling bulls as yearlings people are often after a low BW bull suitable for heifers but then with good growth with a bit of frame as they sell straight off the cow in weaner sales to backgrounders that like a bit of size so I hope I am on the right track with him.

Ken

Well I have been working on my 2021 breeding. We will be using a wide variety of bulls but have used them in hopes of maintaining uniformity and balance within the herd. Bulls we will be using are:

Coleman Charlo - registration # 16879074 the daughters are phenomenal and the bulls easy to sell

Coleman Engage registration # 18402687 we have sampled him the past two years just a few calves but all are really nice so keeping him in the mix

Coleman Juneau 3345 registration #17783596 I just love the pedigree on this bull

Coleman Marshall 7170 registration #19102287 another pedigree that hits on all cylinders for me

SS Niagara Z29 registration 17287387 I used him last year but ended up selling all but one of the cows he was bred to. The one bull calf was a keeper so trying again this year

SAV Rainfall registration 18578963 I really love the Rainfall progeny they are really complete

Do you like Rainfall progeny more than his flush brothers ?

Thanks, I am pleased to hear that, his BW and calving ease over here is not too bad along with reasonable growth. With selling bulls as yearlings people are often after a low BW bull suitable for heifers but then with good growth with a bit of frame as they sell straight off the cow in weaner sales to backgrounders that like a bit of size so I hope I am on the right track with him.

Ken
We ended up with a real nice Magnitude bull too. He will see his first service this November. I will try and get some pics this weekend

Mead Magnitude
GAR Ashland
DB Iconic

Ken
Basin Rainmaker. That should have some value. I wonder what the semen costs these days.
That bull made a mark on many herds.

Do you like Rainfall progeny more than his flush brothers ?
Yes, Raindance are really good but you can get some snort, Reigns are bat ass crazy. President and Rainfalls are my picks with Rainfall being more consistent.
Sorry, I don't know anything about those bulls but if you want uniformity just use 1, or maybe 2 related bulls.
76B6F154-E88F-44FA-AC57-C43C2C077EB0.jpeg
Sorry, I don't know anything about those bulls but if you want uniformity just use 1, or maybe 2 related
Uniformity is not generally an issue, but I spend a lot of time trying to figure out which bull on which cow yo insure the uniformity of the calf crop.

Basin Rainmaker. That should have some value. I wonder what the semen costs these days.
That bull made a mark on many herds.
Probably a later version of who you are thinking of FH, Basin Rainmaker 4404, I have a couple of his heifers that have recently calved and am very happy with them so far.

Ken

Gizmon, Coleman Resolve 7219. Have you had calves yet by him Coleman? I really like his pedigree and wanted to see if anyone has experience with him yet?

Latest posts