2020 Sale Results

Help Support CattleToday:

JParrott

Reaction score
Downsized a bit this year. Sold 43 head - 28 6-10 year olds, 13 heifers, and 2 babies. Made out with 25k after fees. Heifers averaged $615 a piece, babies went for $250 each. Cows went for about $589 a piece @ 0.53 lb. I think all but two were bred and would have been spring calving. All went to slaughter except for the two babies. All commercial, maybe two black, the rest mostly red, white, and brown.

Not for those apparently. I didn't go to the sale; I dropped everything off the day prior as a group. My guess is that they were all run in with the kill pen lots and weren't marketed as bred replacements.

Not for those apparently. I didn't go to the sale; I dropped everything off the day prior as a group. My guess is that they were all run in with the kill pen lots and weren't marketed as bred replacements.
Did you ask for them to be preg tested?

I did and I paid for it. I'd have to grab the papers I got from the barn but I think all but two were bred. Many of them you'd have had to have been blind to not know as they'd have started calving in February. Any questionable would have been late spring or next September.