2017 year in review, we are all offended lol

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90":3cfw3g2v said:
https://youtu.be/rM93YXVVuFg Made me laugh. Sorry if anybody was offended lol

Loved that video and thanks for it - all of it truthful.

It would seem that the modern day person literally looks for and WANTS to be offended.

Some folks that I know well from another world were in a restaurant not long ago and talking about some past experiences when they were approached by a woman about 25 years old.

She said - "I could not help but over hear your conversation and I find it offensive"

One of the guys looked up at her and responded in this manner - " I am offended that you are offended - now please **flock** off".

She literally started to cry and ran back to the table where her two male friends could do nothing but stare at my buddies with eyes wide open and fear running through them.

As he said to me later that day - all it takes is a few more of us folks to stand up and tell them to **flock off** and the world might actually become a better place.

I am beginning to agree.

Best to all and may you all have a safe and Happy New Year.

I just read an article about a book that claims Farmer's Markets are racist.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... hite-peop/

Two professors from San Diego State University claim in a new book that farmers' markets in urban areas are weed-like "white spaces" responsible for oppression.

Pascale Joassart-Marcelli and Fernando J Bosco are part of an anthology released this month titled "Just Green Enough." The work, published by Routledge, claims there is a correlation between the "whiteness of farmers' markets" and gentrification.

"Farmers' markets are often white spaces where the food consumption habits of white people are normalized," the SDSU professors write, the education watchdog Campus Reform reported Wednesday.

The geology professors claim that 44 percent of San Diego's farmers' markets cater to "households from higher socio-economic backgrounds," which raises property values and "[displaces] low-income residents and people of color."

"The most insidious part of this gentrification process is that alternative food initiatives work against the community activists and residents who first mobilized to fight environmental injustices and provide these amenities but have significantly less political and economic clout than developers and real estate professionals," the academics write.

https://i.imgur.com/eL4DxSF.gif
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I find people who whin or are offended annoying. But let's be fair. It crosses all gender, political, social, cultural and religious boundaries. There are snowflakes on all sides.

I hate to even think it but I have moments when I think conservative Chistians are the most easily offended whiners of all. I have no data to support it but all you have to do is be a patient reader of Cattle Today and it is there.

Bright Raven":3b2e5fbd said:
I find people who whin or are offended annoying. But let's be fair. It crosses all gender, political, social, cultural and religious boundaries. There are snowflakes on all sides.

I hate to even think it but I have moments when I think conservative Chistians are the most easily offended whiners of all. I have no data to support it but all you have to do is be a patient reader of Cattle Today and it is there.

Very true. I was reading an article about how people who are easily offended are very narrow minded.

Brute 23":1gkwzg3p said:
Bright Raven":1gkwzg3p said:

Very true. I was reading an article about how people who are easily offended are very narrow minded.

It is a human flaw. I think it has more to do with insecurity. Humans want everyone else to agree with or support their philosophy and values. When they don't receive that reinforcement, they whin or are offended. Very annoying so many people cannot stand alone.

Brute: It is narrow minded if you cannot be broad enough to appreciate that everyone else does not share your philosophy and values.

Bright Raven":164joh4p said:
Brute 23":164joh4p said:
Bright Raven":164joh4p said:

It is a human flaw. I think it has more to do with insecurity. Humans want everyone else to agree with or support their philosophy and values. When they don't receive that reinforcement, they whin or are offended. Very annoying so many people cannot stand alone.

Brute: It is narrow minded if you cannot be broad enough to appreciate that everyone else does not share your philosophy and values.

The article was saying to use it as a tell for hiring or interacting with people. They were linking people who are like that are usually hard to deal with in general.... basically not people you want on your team.

I think the problem is people who get offended the worst will do anything for a dollar. Those same types are usually irresponsible and have never worked or thought for themselves either.

Bright Raven":v89uj5vc said:

Who cares what you think?

We can thank brObama for a lot of this ,, this country is spoiled rotten..it's a my world,I just have the misfortune of you being in it,,mentality...lot of these folks need a good dose of Kim Jong un dictatorship to make em appreciate what they have....

HDRider":1kebtxx2 said:
Bright Raven":1kebtxx2 said:

Who cares what you think?

See what I mean by being offended?

Brute 23":39044ecx said:
Bright Raven":39044ecx said:
Brute 23":39044ecx said:

The article was saying to use it as a tell for hiring or interacting with people. They were linking people who are like that are usually hard to deal with in general.... basically not people you want on your team.

Those criteria would make it difficult to find employees.

Not really.
There's always several 'team players' readily available for every whinney sniveling nosed snowflake out there.

greybeard":3ivoubnn said:
Not really.
There's always several 'team players' readily available for every whinney sniveling nosed snowflake out there.

Correct. Probably does shake out about 50/50. But those whinning 50 sure seem like too much.

Latest posts