2017 top AI bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

hornedfrogbbq

Reaction score
Does anyone have the list of which bulls sold the most semen or had the most registrations from 2017?

Simmental 7/1/2016 to 6/30/2017
Most recent report from ASA

1. Cowboy Cut
2. Broadway
3. Broker
4. Nightride
5. Upgrade
6. Lock Down
7. Yellowstone
8. Beacon
9. United
10. Uno Mas

Thank you sir. I'm primarily interested in Black Angus but also think others may be interested in each of the different breeds. I think helpful for all of us to be looking at what is leading in each breed...because in the end, they're steaks. All of them.

Angus 2017 Top Ten

1. RB Tour of Duty 177
2. Quaker Hill Rampage
3. Connealy Black Granite
4. AAR Ten X
5. SAV Resource 1441
6. Basin Payweight 1682
7. WR Journey
8. KCF Bennett Absolute
9. VAR Discovery 2240
10. PVF Insight 0129

I just saw that Connealy Impression has died...not sure the date. That bull has alot of daughters and grand daughters and great grand daughters in the angus herd. Tip 'O the cap to that big boy.

I have seen Resource and used him a bunch I like him a lot. I have not used Pay Weight but have seen some impressive calves out of him. I used Absolute this breeding season so will have calves on the ground in October, I have to admit his docility EPD has me a bit nervous. I have spent the day on cattle records always gets me excited about the upcoming calving season.

Gizmom

gizmom":2gekjda9 said:
I have seen Resource and used him a bunch I like him a lot. I have not used Pay Weight but have seen some impressive calves out of him. I used Absolute this breeding season so will have calves on the ground in October, I have to admit his docility EPD has me a bit nervous. I have spent the day on cattle records always gets me excited about the upcoming calving season.

Gizmom
Payweight looks like your kind of bull.. Reminds me of Charlo

Payweight makes them thick and wide. He can throw a little extra brisket but I'm ok with that because he does a lot of other things right.

You don't hear much about Tour of Duty anymore.
How's he doing? I think some other bulls stole his thunder but I guess
that's human nature to fall in love with things/animals that are new.

Latest posts