2017 pictures of deer kills and trail camers pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
deer do not seem to be moving to well where I live so much rain things are very green. I am getting very few shooters ; the best deer I have pictures of , a border line shooter, is only coming at night. I got several pictures of this doe that looks like she has had her ears notched, what do you all think?

dieselbeef":1qs01hfg said:
good range on that cam..mine doesn't got that far.
I ordered those cameras off a site called native Outdoors. I think I gave 99.00 for two of them and so far I really do like them . they are Wildgame Innovatoins , cloak8 lightout, they are small and seem to work well

dieselbeef you got any good pic. post them , I always like to see big deer, just not getting any yet this year.

me either..haven't seen even one..all my cams got so far is cows and foxes or coyotes. even the pigs ran from the hurricanes

any ideas on the does ears, looking like both ends were cut off.

Are you in northern climate? Could be frost nipped. We have to watch fall calves for that. Maybe it was a late fawn. But if not in cold area I have no idea.

Smoothy":2nx2hdqy said:
Are you in northern climate? Could be frost nipped. We have to watch fall calves for that. Maybe it was a late fawn. But if not in cold area I have no idea.
No chance of that. Okla. our winter for the most part is long gone by the time fawn are born, maybe still some cool nights but not cold enough to freeze the ears.

cool weather is making a difference, but the bigger bucks are still moving mostly at night. I thought the picture of the doe was kind of neat , stormy night.

im behind this year on darn near every thing and i haven't put the first camera out and probably wont... Nice bucks Bryant

22829465_1783756381922253_8431959118849053583_o.jpg

keep all them doe around you should have bucks come, If I am counting right there is at least 9 in that picture. I never shoot a doe till the last season, and then only if I think I have to many. I like a good doe herd

I count 9 also but the one in the foreground is a little young basket 4 point. Not a shooter but I'm sure his grandaddy is out there somewhere and I want him. I have way to many doe. People around here always want to shoot that trophy spike and its hard for the bucks to get any age on them. I plan on holding out for a good buck but I've got to knock the doe numbers back because I had way to many last year and I noticed a lot of twins this year so the population is getting out of whack.

I have seen some of the nicest bucks this year that I have ever seen around this area, but none on my place all on other people's places or grazing on the side of the road.

wacocowboy":1ul7t7p6 said:
I have seen some of the nicest bucks this year that I have ever seen around this area, but none on my place all on other people's places or grazing on the side of the road.

This years been pretty odd I think with the over abundance of acorns there definitely not moving much during the day. The days I did hunt there were big bucks standing on the edge of the woods until it got too dark to shoot then walked out. I was in a field and there was a nice buck with a doe of course not hunting they came out and looked at me like I was crazy