2017 Calves not the best pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I always have a hard time taking decent pictures of calves this age. They never look as well as they do in person. Seems like the mature cattle are way easier. Any advise/thoughts would be appreciated on the cattle or the pictures. Thanks B&G
First pic is just a shot of part of the group all these calves are registered Gelbvieh or registered Balancers.

Balancer weaned 684#

PB Gelbvieh weaned 694#

Balancer weaned 664# off a first calf heifer!

Jake":3ji87hij said:
How old are they? And how big are your cows?

Jake, The first picture of the single bull was born 3/3/17 his mamma is 1450# +or-
Second picture was born 2/25/2017 his mamma is 1450# +or-
Third picture was born 3/8/2017 his mama a first calf heifer is around 1100# now but will be a 1300 to 1400# pound cow eventually. B&G

Black and Good":3b6qrw71 said:
Jake":3b6qrw71 said:
How old are they? And how big are your cows?

Jake, The first picture of the single bull was born 3/3/17 his mamma is 1450# +or-
Second picture was born 2/25/2017 his mamma is 1450# +or-
Third picture was born 3/8/2017 his mama a first calf heifer is around 1100# now but will be a 1300 to 1400# pound cow eventually. B&G

Thanks, I'm getting weights on every individual calf for the first time this year so will be interesting to see how they come out.

Those are nice calves, something to be proud of.

:tiphat: Thanks everyone for the kind words. This is my first set of all registered calves. It makes me feel like I'm on the right track. B&G

TCRanch":1cltzcf1 said:
Wow, they're stout! How long do you plan to wean them and are you retaining any heifers out of your new bulls? And congrats!

Thanks TCRanch, The bull calves won't be going back with mamma at all. Their heifers will be weaned till it's time to run with my heifer bull they won't see their mom's again till next winter. One of my bulls threw all bulls. But, the heifers I'm planning on watching them and retaining the one's that fit. B&G

Latest posts