2017 Bull Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Neighbor just got back from his third sale of the season. Said folks were still hot for registered heifers, but less than the very top bulls were down about 15% from a year ago. I wish feeders were only down 15%...

Stocker Steve":1u40wmb4 said:
Neighbor just got back from his third sale of the season. Said folks were still hot for registered heifers, but less than the very top bulls were down about 15% from a year ago. I wish feeders were only down 15%...
I too noticed that registered heifers seemed to selling pretty good in our area as well.

We bought bulls Friday at the Durbin Creeksale in Worland, Wyoming. We got 11 bulls (Hereford) bought. I haven't taken the time to figure the average for the whole sale yet but our bulls averaged $5,000. I think that their average would have been very similar as we felt we were buying right about the middle in terms of pricing. Got several more sales in the next few weeks. I also bought a bull at an auction in Kansas Friday but that's a little different deal as I bought him in partnership with a stud.

I was at the Mound Creek sale last week you couldn't touch a heifer for under $5000. The bulls all sold pretty good but a decent amount sold between 3500-4000$.

Yeah I just went to look I'm buying a Gamechanger bull next month and I wanted to look at some of his progeny that he had in the sale. Prices didn't seem down there at all the UB stuff overall definitely sold for more then the brangus bulls.

Latest posts