2017 Bull Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score
We have our annual bull sale on the 19th August, I have 10 two yr olds and 4 yearling bulls in it. I have just been taking photos for the catalogue and this one turned out OK.

He is by Ardrossan Equator A241, a Papa Equator son.

Ken

Lot5_L12_2_zpsw94qchh3.jpg

He's a cracking bull!

Andrew

Well that worked, here is another. He is by GAR Prophet.

This one is by SAV Thunderbird, bad pose but he is a nice bull.

And one of the yearling bulls I am trying to sell, this one is by Connealy Earnan

GAR Momentum full brother is the best Angus bull here. There are 11 GAR bulls spending the summer by the catch pen.

VERY NICE Ardrossan Equator son..looks a lot like his sire. How's his dam bred? Will be interested to see how he does in the sale. Well done!

kdhansen":2isjohod said:
VERY NICE Ardrossan Equator son..looks a lot like his sire. How's his dam bred? Will be interested to see how he does in the sale. Well done!

Thanks, his dam is by BR Ambush 28 and granddam by Gardens Highmark.

Ken

jscunn":n8eqoljs said:
wbvs,
What is your best sire group? Nice bulls..

JS, I really find that hard to say, I have representives from all sires in my top group. If I am happy with a sire I like to use them for 3 years and then move on. With only a small herd of 25-30 cows that gives me a chance to retain some nice heifers but not get too top heavy with any one sire. I must say I have been very happy with the SAV Thunderbirds, they have been very easy on heifers, not overly small just a very consistent moderate size you don't seem to get any extremes but they are very vigorous calves that hit the ground running and grow fast. The bulls are very easy to sell, again they are very even across the board and are the first that people pick out to buy.

Ken

Latest posts