2015 powerstroke

Help Support CattleToday:

Why not get a Ram 5500?, they come in a cab/chassis that has standard framerail widths as opposed to the +4" framerail width on the pickups

Nesikep said:
Why not get a Ram 5500?, they come in a cab/chassis that has standard framerail widths as opposed to the +4" framerail width on the pickups[/quote

Ford, ram gmc, chevy, international or any truck in the size you and I are referencing would be an answer to a lot of the hauling. I see a lot of the horse people pulling with the small international.

My friend has a freightliner semi with sleeper that he chopped shorter, took one rear axle off, put a deck on, and tows his 35ft horse trailer with... Tires last forever, unlike on 1 tons that it seems tires have to be replaced every 20,000 miles or better... The problem is that none of these smaller vehicles are really intended for professional use.. they're all consumer products that have engineered obsolescense throught their design. These new super clean diesels... An exhaust filter... I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that's going to plug up!

Nesikep":2o6sapzz said:
My friend has a freightliner semi with sleeper that he chopped shorter, took one rear axle off, put a deck on, and tows his 35ft horse trailer with... Tires last forever, unlike on 1 tons that it seems tires have to be replaced every 20,000 miles or better... The problem is that none of these smaller vehicles are really intended for professional use.. they're all consumer products that have engineered obsolescense throught their design. These new super clean diesels... An exhaust filter... I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that's going to plug up!
I saw a rig just like this at a campground and it looked real sharp. He had put three captins chairs in place of the bed and built a rack behind the sleeper to haul his Harley on. The guy that owned it said it got 8 mpg pulling his 36 ft fifth wheel and had less than $10k in it. It was setting beside a four door crew cab dually and surprisingly they were the size.

Well with a rig like that, you know you probably will never be blowing trannys and rearends, brakes will last forever too... you just need an air brake ticket

I feel like all the newer diesel trucks have plenty of power. In all reality most folks are not qualified to haul more than 26k legally anyway. Keeping logs a having to have a physical yearly is B'S. My new Ram has all the power that I could need. Hopefully one day RAM will say, these are the best trucks out there and we will back that up. And warranty RAM trucks twice as long as the rest. That will sell more trucks than all the competition, and give the real truck man his money's worth. Myself I wouldn't keep any new diesel truck past the engine and drive train warranty.