2009 all heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
since january 1st all heifers, 6 in a row i hope it turns. last year we had 8 heifers in a row about the middle of the spring seaon. still came out about 50/50. fall group 50/50 this year.
i started early, fence washed out last year and i had to put the fall and spring together.

jcarkie":2nvjcow4 said:
since january 1st all heifers, 6 in a row i hope it turns. last year we had 8 heifers in a row about the middle of the spring seaon. still came out about 50/50. fall group 50/50 this year.
i started early, fence washed out last year and i had to put the fall and spring together.

I hope it turns for you, too. If it's any help, I've always heard it takes a bit longer for a cow to build a bull calf than a heifer. So maybe all the bull calves are still "under construction." ;-)

I need some of your water. First four years 80% bulls. Last year 70%.

Watch, now that I said this I'll get all heifers this spring. ;-)

We started 2008 with 9 out of 10 heifers, I made the comment I hoped I got some bulls and the next 14 of 15 were bulls. Finished out 2008 with 70% bulls.

Nice, hope your good luck continues. Seems like our luck changes every year..last year we had 8 heifers and 2 bulls but the year before was all bulls except for one!

Frankie":2jsnimx5 said:
jcarkie":2jsnimx5 said:

I hope it turns for you, too. If it's any help, I've always heard it takes a bit longer for a cow to build a bull calf than a heifer. So maybe all the bull calves are still "under construction." ;-)

All that extra "equipment".

6 live ones, all is well. :cowboy:

Latest posts