2005 Ford Super Duty

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I went and drove a brand spanking new 05 F250 Powerstroke, with a 6spd, this weekend. Very nice truck, wish I could afford the $42,000 sticker price.

I always wait 2 years and get one with low mileage. I let that person take the depreciation hit and I pay a fraction of the new price. If you have excellent credit, your interest rate will be very close to the interest rate on a new truck anyway.

Then I drive them till they die.

[/quote]I always wait 2 years and get one with low mileage. I let that person take the depreciation hit and I pay a fraction of the new price. If you have excellent credit, your interest rate will be very close to the interest rate on a new truck anyway.

Then I drive them till they die.
That's our stratigy too.

Yes, those are some sweet rides. Did you know the dually can hold 5800 lbs in the bed. They can tow something like 17,000 lbs. Plus they are smooth riding and comfortable. Ford is really knocking out the competition now.

That's 3 times what my first house cost and it had 2 bathrooms

dun

The engine is the same 6.0L Powerstroke V8 Diesel. You can also get the 5.4L V8 or the 6.8L V10 gas engines. Its the rest of the truck thats been changed to make it so much better. The transmission has been upgraded greatly, the truck is now sitting on the same frame as the F-550, and more. Also I take the comment about the 17,000 lb towing capacity back. It is 19,200 lbs.

Ford does make some very nice Trucks. I have to walk across a rather large parking lot to get to most of my classes, and there are quite a few new Ford trucks, good lookin rides

Ryan":2j08hbci said:
Ford does make some very nice Trucks. I have to walk across a rather large parking lot to get to most of my classes, and there are quite a few new Ford trucks, good lookin rides
Ford trucks are the #1 selling truck in Texas and the F series fords period have been the #1 selling truck for something like 27 years running nation wide.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2eud69sx said:
Ryan":2eud69sx said:
Ford trucks are the #1 selling truck in Texas and the F series fords period have been the #1 selling truck for something like 27 years running nation wide.

And for good reasons!

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":u9q7v2zz said:
To bad Ford stopped making tractors.

The Long and FarmTrac tractors are really Ford designs. The execution of them may not be as good, but the design and mechanics are easy to work on---up to a point anyway.

dun

CopeMan":koffmjpy said:
I went and drove a brand spanking new 05 F250 Powerstroke, with a 6spd, this weekend. Very nice truck, wish I could afford the $42,000 sticker price.

Same truck your speakin' of here runs 48 now
bought an 2000 in Denver for 33 looks like that's the last new truck I'll ever have

The King Ranch Edition is $54,000. Thats my dream truck. Are there many of those in Texas?

It's a beautiful truck. I just can't imagine running it through the pasture waiting for a hit from the bull. Too much money for those kinds of dents. Plus, me and leather seats don't get along............I'm just usually too dusty, muddy, or worse.

Great trucks though. Wish they'd do more in an XLT out fit for working with a little better tag. anywhere along 38 to 54.............to much for a ranch truck that's gonna take so much wear and tear.

I gotta say though, the heavy duties are the best but don't like the new F150 design at all. Looks like a chevy!

Just my opinion.

Yes..there are tons of the King Ranch editions here in Texas.

And I hate the new body style of the 150's also.. !

Latest posts