2004 Foals

Help Support CattleToday:

diamondn

Reaction score
Here is Ginger QH filly (maybe a Silver Bay we are still waiting for her to she out)
ginger12.JPG

ginger10.JPG

ginger11.JPG

ginger7b.JPG

and here is Smart QH Colt
smarty5.JPG

smarty6.JPG

smarty7.JPG

smarty8.JPG

Pretty foals. I've seen your website last year, and that Badlands Monte mare sure is a good looking animal. I really liked the picture you used to have of her pulling a calf to the branding fire.

Take care.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes Roxy (Miss Bar U Badlands) is an awesome mare. Which picture did you like best?

A)
missbarupic7.JPG

or

B)
missbarupic1.JPG

We still try to maintain our breeding program. We want to be able to ride well bred horses that can do the work on the ranch but could also perform in the Arena is someone wanted to take them this direction.

Roxy's Filly this year is very much like her mother and I imagine will have the same attitude that will give you a 110% effort every time.

I like the way she's settled in to do her job, especially the relaxed headset she's exhibiting in the second picture...although I prefer the first picture in that her rider has double hocked the calf...much easier on the stock than a single as in the second picture. I have a stud with Badlands Monte in his pedigree, and have been really pleased with his intelligence and willingness so far under saddle. Gotta love a horse with brains and a sensible disposition.

Oh, and thanks LA. That colt is really starting to come into his own development wise, really sitting on the fence about cutting this one, although I have a black half brother to him that I've kept intact as a future stud on the ranch.... we'll have to see how he finishes, eh?

Take care.

Did you see the write and picture I have on him in our website.

badlandsmonte.JPG

http://www.diamondnqh.com/badlandsmonte.htm

I agree we prefer the two hock catch ourselves but sometimes before they are drug to the fire they kick out or they simply miss both. Oh well they do not bad for roping considering most of them only rope calves maybe 4 times a year. [/img][/url]

Latest posts