2001 chevy

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
hey guys tell me what ya think on this
I have found a 2001 chevy HD 2500 crew cab 4x4 LS
I have known the owner for yrs the truck has 83000 miles has the 6liter gas engine it is a texas truck he has only had it locked in 4wd 2 or 3 times has all the service records he called last nite and said he would take $5600 for it that was what they offered as a trade on a new one
The truck looks like new and is in immmaculate shape inside and out it has all options except leather

I think I am giong to have to make a trip to Texas what do you think

Angus Cowman":1zjesagu said:
hey guys tell me what ya think on this
I have found a 2001 chevy HD 2500 crew cab 4x4 LS
I have known the owner for yrs the truck has 83000 miles has the 6liter gas engine it is a texas truck he has only had it locked in 4wd 2 or 3 times has all the service records he called last nite and said he would take $5600 for it that was what they offered as a trade on a new one
The truck looks like new and is in immmaculate shape inside and out it has all options except leather

I think I am giong to have to make a trip to Texas what do you think
doesn't have a goosenck ball and has never pulled more than a 16 ft utility trailer with 3 4 wheelers on it

Might depend a bit on what you expect out of the truck and what you are going to use it for. Knowing the history of the truck is a huge plus. I've got a '98 2 wheel drive that has 120000 mostly highway miles. It is starting to be in need of repairs more frequently and the repairs are beginning to be of the more costly varieties.

Father-in-law has one specd out like you're describing, his is the automatic. His is fine for light loads and is comfortable to ride in, but a 20' aluminum trailer load of calves drags it down hard. And it will get stuck on wet grass. $5600 sounds like a heckuva deal.

mainly just use it for a run around truck I have a 01 dodge with a dew eze on it and a 98 3/4 tn 4wd I use as a farm trk wife has 05 dodge ext cab 3/4 ton diesel with about 20k miles on it I thought at that price she could drive it and keep mile off of the 05 then I could use it to run around in instead of my 1 ton all the time
as for pulling trailers I have a semi I use for pulling so I never pull more than a 16 ft stock trailer with my small trks not that they can't pull more but I have a 16 ft and a 36 ft stock trailer and I use the semi to pull it

Awe heck, do your part for the economy and buy a new one. You got enough old ones. :p

Come to think about it, just where in Texas is this truck. :)

Angus Cowman":2bf8d3pm said:
mainly just use it for a run around truck I have a 01 dodge with a dew eze on it and a 98 3/4 tn 4wd I use as a farm trk wife has 05 dodge ext cab 3/4 ton diesel with about 20k miles on it I thought at that price she could drive it and keep mile off of the 05 then I could use it to run around in instead of my 1 ton all the time
as for pulling trailers I have a semi I use for pulling so I never pull more than a 16 ft stock trailer with my small trks not that they can't pull more but I have a 16 ft and a 36 ft stock trailer and I use the semi to pull it

His has the 4.10 rear and I believe he said it gets around 15-16 mpg on the highway empty. Nice truck to run around in as far as comfort and light utility work.

Just out of curiousity, there's a guy that sells a few trucks/semis and farm tractors from time to time on ebay from your neck of the woods, you wouldn't be that feller would you?

1982vett":1nb8qcuk said:
Awe heck, do your part for the economy and buy a new one. You got enough old ones. :p

Come to think about it, just where in Texas is this truck. :)
it is in Ft Worth ad I doubt I ever buy another new one the wifes had a 10o miles on it the guy bought it for his dad and his dad didn't want the diesel so they brought it back ad traded it in on a gas rig so actually it was used and I saved 8000 from what the other guy pd for it
I am good friends with the owner of the dodge dealer here so he calls me when he gets a good deal in my 02 with the dew eze on it I bought it with 25k on it and that was in 04 only gave 21k for it and it still books at 19 so I get some good deals on them

you better buy that 2500 chevey 4wd.you just cant beat $5600 on a clean low mileage truck.

Latest posts