$200+ semen

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
right now for Byergo Black Magic. ABS short supply auction going on right now.

Bull of the Month getting tons of press. They're saying due to injury he is currently not producing.

Yikes

torogmc81":3r2g16vo said:

Bull of the Month getting tons of press. They're saying due to injury he is currently not producing.

Yikes
Looks like it all sold for $315 to $350 per straw. The last auction I saw that had his semen it went for over $400 a straw. He is quite popular with some folks right now.

Luckiamute":3qkxs0f1 said:
torogmc81":3qkxs0f1 said:

Yikes
Looks like it all sold for $315 to $350 per straw. The last auction I saw that had his semen it went for over $400 a straw. He is quite popular with some folks right now.
Folks on the $B Bandwagon being pulled by John Force and his Funny Car, we all know how that starts and ends ... IMO

I have never seen progeny out. Of this bull but looking at the numbers on him he is a freak of nature. Looking at his EN number you better have deep pockets, cause it is going to cost in feed to keep up with that growth.

Gizmom

gizmom":2k2yhemz said:
I have never seen progeny out. Of this bull but looking at the numbers on him he is a freak of nature. Looking at his EN number you better have deep pockets, cause it is going to cost in feed to keep up with that growth.

Gizmom

I'd like to understand the EN more. It's my understanding that the EN is strictly for a mature cow. Higher milkers tend to have a higher EN which would also help with growth. I'd assume, your $B should also calculate that EN somehow into that?

We used his son for our terminal herd. His son has a low BW and exceptional growth.

Hogtiming":33zy60t5 said:
The numbers game is getting a little ridiculous.
It ain't over yet, every year they'll keep adding more indexes, and values that really don't compute to anything. All for more selling points, and to make worthless cattle that should never be used for breeding, more valuable.

Bestoutwest":2k2lxn1r said:
I like the look of him, but I doubt his numbers stay that good if he gets more calves than he has now.
https://bullsearch.absglobal.com/en-us/ ... ountry/222
Byergo's sale book had some pretty nice looking bulls out of him, I thought the heifers looked nice also and felt that the EPD's on everything sired by him were fairly consistent in his progeny. Not as good as him but overall, consistent.

I did not make the trip when we picked up semen during their sale but the two that went, thought they all looked real nice.

NEFarmwife":qfd11awr said:
Bestoutwest":qfd11awr said:
I like the look of him, but I doubt his numbers stay that good if he gets more calves than he has now.
https://bullsearch.absglobal.com/en-us/ ... ountry/222
Byergo's sale book had some pretty nice looking bulls out of him, I thought the heifers looked nice also and felt that the EPD's on everything sired by him were fairly consistent in his progeny. Not as good as him but overall, consistent.

I did not make the trip when we picked up semen during their sale but the two that went, thought they all looked real nice.

That's good. I bought Rampage when he was the hot young bull. After a year some of his numbers TANKED. I have a feeling that's how most of these big semen bulls are. It's not because they are not good animals, but when you start allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to breed to what you have, their standard may be lower than yours.

Bestoutwest,
I think you could have done worse than Rampage. What are they like?
I know a lot of numbers changed but Rampage seems to be producing well if you pick the right cow.

Latest posts