20 Years Ago

Help Support CattleToday:

20 years ago was the prime of my life. I want to be 29 again!!! children were the perfect age, and no part of my body hurt!
20 years ago I'd never even been up close to a cow except the fair., I wouldn't change anything but...
I could go on and on...but to all those young folks out there...enjoy life, make the most of it!

I wouldn't go back 20 years on a dare. Not that it was bad, cause it wasn't ~ but I look too forward to tomorrow to go backwards.

20 years from now maybe I will be where Keren was 20 years ago ~ yes? :lol2: :help: ;-)

I'm not half as old as half of you I'm sure, (I'm 30), but I still find time flies... 20 years ago we were oogling buying our place, we were in about a year of negotiations with the previous owner, 18 years ago we got our first cows which was quite a disaster, we had a '72 dodge mail van as a farm vehicle, we had a 2000 gal. water tank with a line buried about 1ft underground to feed water to the house, which without fail froze in the winter, 15 years ago I was at a boarding academy, started doing all the haying around our place, we also started our vegetable operation for the most part done by just my parents and I, with maybe some hired help for harvest, we were able to pull in about 120,000 lbs of veggies in 2 months, and I think my back is still feeling that. 12 years ago started university for vet med, to find out I didn't have the patience for 8 years of book learning. i'm now 3 weeks away from leaving the best off-farm job I've ever had to go back

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and
cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing
the same thing to them at funerals.

20 year ago I had to net $566.60 by time the sun set 7 days a week. I went to bed at 2:30 am and up by 7am at least 5 days a week and most weeks 7 days a week. Did this for 10 years. Still work every day (some) not many 12hours days. 20 years ago anything I did if work hard at would not be a failure. Now have no desire to try any thing new and would be afraid too. I am sure the past 20 will be looked back on as the best. Just thank God I had the chance to live them.

hillrancher":znuaxd07 said:
20 year ago I had to net $566.60 by time the sun set 7 days a week. I went to bed at 2:30 am and up by 7am at least 5 days a week and most weeks 7 days a week. Did this for 10 years. Still work every day (some) not many 12hours days. 20 years ago anything I did if work hard at would not be a failure. Now have no desire to try any thing new and would be afraid too. I am sure the past 20 will be looked back on as the best. Just thank God I had the chance to live them.

Yep, we were doing something similar, except the economy sucked as bad here back then as it does in detroit now. Looked for work when I didn't have it and worked whatever I could when I found some. We did try to get in bed by 1:30 am because I was expected to be on the jobsite ready to go to work by 7am. Oh, but what we were doing that late wasn't trying to net $566.60 for the day. :oops:

Now i remember a place in Jackson Ms that you could drive thru in your car and get a tap beer , now that was frigging convenient. Pretty sure it's probably gone now.

A place in Wichita Falls Tx. called the Bar L still has car hops that serve you beer.
A lot of tailgate parties after work there.

Cal

john250":1pip4zmz said:
Calman":1pip4zmz said:
A place in Wichita Falls Tx. called the Bar L still has car hops that serve you beer.
A lot of tailgate parties after work there.

Cal

I haven't seen a car hop in 35 yrs!

You must not have Sonic's around there, they are in most every town here.
I never saw one that served beer.

Latest posts