20 years ago today.......

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
.......was the beginning of the worst time in my life. There are hundreds of articles about my younger sister, and the lives that she changed, but this one seems the most fitting to share since it was written by my older sister. Molly saved several lives through organ donation, has given comfort to tens of thousands through Pooh Bears for Molly, and her memorial scholarship has awarded almost a quarter of a million dollars to college bound students......so far. There is also an award given in her honor to a 4-Her every year. She made this much of an impact on a community in 17 short years, and I'm proud to have had her as not only a sister, but a best friend. I wish I were just 10% as good a person as she was.
http://regardingnannies.com/2011/02/poo ... for-molly/

https://www.johnsonmemorialfoundation.o ... for-molly/

Thanks for sharing the invitation to help touch and improve lives, in memory of a loved one. You are and have quite a wonderful family!!

https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/?act ... h_id=14579

This has been an eerily similar situation the past several days. Her brother is the recipient of my sisters scholarship last year, and this is a family that we know and love. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
My Dad has been by my Grandpa's side for the last week or so at the VA, which is next door to the hospital where my sister passed, which is 80 miles from home. Dad says he's holding up just fine, and I hope that's the case. I'm worried about Mom too, but they both seem to be doing alright tonight, even with the extra load. When it rains, it pours. Literally, and figuratively. I'm done pizzing and moaning now.

It's too wet to be productive, so my wife and I are headed to the city to visit Dad and Grandpa. The boss want's to walk through the boat show too, so I'll keep you posted on the quality of the $8 beer. Grandpa has a tear in his gallbladder, and is fighting some infection with it. He is, unfortunately, too weak for surgery. He's had a few good days this past week, but Dad thinks he's fading. Last week, while meeting with Grandpa's doctors, my Dad's brother started to feel off a bit, and excused himself to the nurses station. They immediately took him to the ER, and then admitted him........He had a stroke. Thankfully, he will recover, and luckily he is a veteran and happened to be at the VA hospital when it happened. He's already had a heart attack and stints, and he's younger than Dad.

He is at the best VA hospital in the state my friend. I have family that works surgery there. PM if there is any way I can be of service to you.

Dang sounds like your family is having a rough go of things! Hope things start getting better for you soon

So sorry to hear of the rough time that you and your family are experiencing right now. :(

Sorry to read of the tragedy, regarding your sister, 20 years ago. Very sad indeed. But, it is nice to see that so much good resulted from that terribly sad event.

I hope things improve soon.

Sorry to hear about all the "stuff" going on with family and loved ones. Hope they all pull through and do well.

It sure puts a different perspective on things. How tight that wire is, just isn't really THAT important!

bball":14wd18h6 said:
He is at the best VA hospital in the state my friend. I have family that works surgery there. PM if there is any way I can be of service to you.

He has a pocket of fluid building around his liver, and I didn't catch/wasn't able to decipher, if that is related to the tear in his gallbladder. Anyhow, his vitals are good this morning, so they are putting in a drain tube since the fluid is close to the skin. A mental health Dr. visited with him while we were there yesterday, and has recomended starting him on an anti-depressant. She indicated that he isn't particularly depressed, but that this medication has side effects of sleeping through the night, and stimulating appetite.....Two things he needs. I've said it before.....Every experience we have had with the staff at the VA has been as good as it can be. They have always treated my family well, and I hate that all VA hospitals get lumped in with the bad ones.

Farm Fence Solutions":3jx2vy8g said:
bball":3jx2vy8g said:

He has a pocket of fluid building around his liver, and I didn't catch/wasn't able to decipher, if that is related to the tear in his gallbladder. Anyhow, his vitals are good this morning, so they are putting in a drain tube since the fluid is close to the skin. A mental health Dr. visited with him while we were there yesterday, and has recomended starting him on an anti-depressant. She indicated that he isn't particularly depressed, but that this medication has side effects of sleeping through the night, and stimulating appetite.....Two things he needs. I've said it before.....Every experience we have had with the staff at the VA has been as good as it can be. They have always treated my family well, and I hate that all VA hospitals get lumped in with the bad ones.

Sounds like they're on top of things. You and yours will be in my thoughts. Speedy recovery for him. Rest and heal.

I did some agency work at the VA home in Lafayette and they do an outstanding job providing care for our vets.