20 good bred heifers for 2ok

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1

Reaction score
i have not kept up with the market lately . I'm in SC . want spring calvers already bred . commercial is fine . dont have to be the best but confirmation and disposition are important , color is not. can this happen right now?

BobbyLummus1":251p962b said:
i have not kept up with the market lately . I'm in SC . want spring calvers already bred . commercial is fine . dont have to be the best but confirmation and disposition are important , color is not. can this happen right now?

I have exactly what you're looking for Bobby but your offer price is low.

BobbyLummus1":21acxizx said:

Here is a South Carolina ad for "32 Angus Plus, Hereford Cross Bred Heifers". They will start calving in February. The asking price is $2,200 per heifer.

http://www.cattle-exchange.com/listing/ ... ed-heifers

BobbyLummus1":g73npqbt said:

lets do some trading you still in need of a good sxs . 6 seater like new 2016 loaded

Wow, that is nice.

For when you need to haul six people around the farm.

We just put the bull in with a group of 13 heifers, all but two or three were AI bred ahead of the bull. We will be selling them as soon as we can confirm safe, for less money than your talking about and it is a nice group of heifers. PM me if you would like more info on how they are priced.

Never mind our group will be fall calves.

Gizmom

gizmom":222ce1ql said:
We just put the bull in with a group of 13 heifers, all but two or three were AI bred ahead of the bull. We will be selling them as soon as we can confirm safe, for less money than your talking about and it is a nice group of heifers. PM me if you would like more info on how they are priced.

Gizmom

You are selling bred heifers for less than $1,000 a head? These are out of your herd? I'll take 'em all.

TennesseeTuxedo":lb463jbr said:
gizmom":lb463jbr said:

Gizmom

You are selling bred heifers for less than $1,000 a head? These are out of your herd? I'll take 'em all.

Not if I get there first. I'm coming from Michigan though so it's going to take me a while to dig the trailer out of the snow.

TennesseeTuxedo":2gg9bqv8 said:
gizmom":2gg9bqv8 said:

Gizmom

That is cheap.

gizmom":rv8bstsv said:

Gizmom

I want in on this deal too if they are from the herd I have seen pics of on CT

gizmom":wv63lgus said:
I read it as 2000 per heifer, and yes I was on my second glass of wine. They are less than 2000 per head.

Gizmom
At least there's a good market, now you just need to discuss price. The boss is going to cut you off if you keep that up.

Here in Va we are seeing bred heifers in the 1200 to 1500 range. At the last bred sale in mid-Dec., we bought 3 cows that are about 7-8 yrs old with 150-200 lb STEER calves by their side for $800. each. Good flesh, not fancy but good looking calves and cows have milk. The heifers topped the sale, a few at 1800, the rest less. Some bred cows in the 1000 range and less. If you wanted to come this far I could let you know when the next sale is. Usually they have them advertised at our local market about 2 weeks ahead of time. All are either checked preg at the sale or have a vet certificate where they were preg checked on the farm. IF it ever warms up LOL, the sales closer to spring will usually be a little higher than the late fall. The best time to buy here is late fall going into winter as so many are trying to lower their numbers for the winter.

These are average animals, although there were some nice black angus last fall from a farm that sold out in the 1500-2200 range.

Latest posts