$20 calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank You.. him going on 4months, I'm thinking of switching feed to PURINA Pre Con Comp until 6 months.. I got that Beefmaker before doing some research since I just wanted to feed something right away.. See the problem is that I don't know at how many months did they weaned him from mother.. I'm just worried he didn't get enough milk, and I'd like for him to fully develop.. Any advice?
Listen to the experts on here (I am not one of them). They will tell you exactly what you need to do. But, when it comes to grain, too much is worse than too little as long as he has plenty of forage.

I understand your concern, but dairy farmers routinely wean dairy calves at 8 weeks of age after they start cleaning up a few pounds of calf starter feed per day.

Your location isn't stated, but as hot as it has been here, make sure he has access to all of the clean fresh water he needs.
South Texas, and I'm going by 3% of total weight of feed per day.. Fresh water every day..

Hey Guys, im new here and new to cattle, Long story short I entered a $20 raffle and I won this guy.. All the guy told me is that he is Black angus, 3 months, @280lbs, No shots.. 3 days ago I vaccinated him (8way) Dewormed (shot).. Currently I'm feeding him 2lbs Beefmaker by Nutrena and 1/2lb Calfmana, two times a day and all the hay he wants.. How sure can I be about being black angus.. have my little doubts since him being a little redish.. what do you guys think?
With those financials, you're one of the few in cattle that are in the black in their first year!

$500. worth of calf in your hand for $20. and you are looking a gift horse in the mouth?
Your actions define 'raining on the unjust'. Count your blessing,
It takes red to make black. (you knew that or should) also the calf may have a copper deficiency
which would cause a reddish tint in the hair coloring. Assuming you named the calf Thomas
I wish you the best of luck with it.....

Latest posts