20 brands of cat food recalled

Help Support CattleToday:

My barn cats all get dry food and what they catch since that is what they are here for. Too many females having kittens so they can't be lacking....The last time I had 3 spayed, one got killed on the road 3 days later, one the coyotes got, and the other went to the neighbors because she wouldn't stop feeding her so she never came home. So I didn't spay any these last 2 years and now I have way too many...can't win.

My cat only gets dry food too. She likes Deli Cat or either Meow Mix. She wouldn't know what canned food was if I gave it to her.

Serendipitious you posted this. I was standing in a long line at the funeral home last night. Got bored, and had to ear hustle people around me. A guy was crying the blues. He had feed some bad cat food to his cats. Some had died, and he spent a small fortune on others.

farmerjan":fsthdhd2 said:
My barn cats all get dry food and what they catch since that is what they are here for. Too many females having kittens so they can't be lacking....The last time I had 3 spayed, one got killed on the road 3 days later, one the coyotes got, and the other went to the neighbors because she wouldn't stop feeding her so she never came home. So I didn't spay any these last 2 years and now I have way too many...can't win.
We took the toms and shoved them in a pipe and cut them like a pig :) Works good try it, you don't have to worry about getting scratched.

TennesseeTuxedo":66ysvhvw said:
"Ear hustle"?

Listening casually to someone else's conversation. Very rude of me, but I was 5 towns away, and didn't now a sole (but the deceased). Stood in line 3 hours. There was nothing else to do.

frieghttrain":3m2p5giq said:
farmerjan":3m2p5giq said:
We took the toms and shoved them in a pipe and cut them like a pig :) Works good try it, you don't have to worry about getting scratched.
That doesn't work worth diddly squat for all the strays that show up in the middle of the night when a female comes in heat wouldn't you agree?

ga.prime":36yi4ww8 said:
frieghttrain":36yi4ww8 said:
farmerjan":36yi4ww8 said:
That doesn't work worth diddly squat for all the strays that show up in the middle of the night when a female comes in heat wouldn't you agree?
100% But where I live there really aren't any strays.

frieghttrain":1xc98of7 said:
But where I live there really aren't any strays.
Lucky you, out there on the lone prairie. I live back in the woods and never, ever see any at all until that time comes around and they appear like magic.

I am the same here. There are always some stray male showing up.. I don't do the males, waste of my time. If they get along then they can stay, if they fight with the residents, they are disposed of. Got 2 stray females that want to fight all the time with the regulars, and they will disappear in the next few days. So, I try to spay the females, at least some of them so there aren't so many kittens. Sometimes find homes for the kittens, some get killed on the road, some are coyote meals, and even had a hawk carry one off one day. The males come and go, and I cannot manage to do them myself. Besides, most all of these are skittish and they have to be lured into a carrier with food. Not the kind to pick up and play with. I don't have time to try to make real pets out of them, and usually don't find them until they are bigger and already skittish. There's a big barn here also that belongs to the landlord, and so people see it, plus one across the road, and there are cats/kittens dropped frequently.
Maybe I will catch up a boxful and send them to you freightrain ??? :banana: :banana: :banana:

frieghttrain":3htvphc6 said:
Local Vet charges $160 to castrate a cat.
You could have a good business under cutting his price... as long as you don't tell cat owners/lovers how you do it.

Spaying is 200+

Son of Butch":362w54hv said:
Browsing through cat foods I found a dry cat food, billed as a natural organic chicken mix... $2.90 lb!!!
They tried some of that organic stuff here and nobody bought it. When it got marked down to the same price as Meow Mix I bought a bag of it and my cat liked it ok.

If the cat food is really bad maybe they can resell it as Japanese food.

Latest posts