20 And Counting! Give Me a Break!

Help Support CattleToday:

In all their practices I missed "natural family planning". But like an old buddy once said "When I'm making love to my wife I feel like I can feed every kid in the county". :lol2: :lol2:

To me when the parents had so many kids the other kids had to start taking care of them it was time to stop ...

hillsdown":16qjj0a1 said:
This is from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

The Duggars are conservative Christians, and due to their fundamentalist biblical beliefs, they practice the following: The only television the family watches are wholesome family programming on DVDs, and various historical events. Internet use is restricted. The male family members keep their hair cut short (by cutting their own hair to save money), while the females keep their hair long. The children are home-schooled using a mix of materials, including those of Switched On Schoolhouse, Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP), and Accelerated Christian Education (ACE).[8] For college studies, several of the older kids use the CollegePlus! program.[9] The children are discouraged from dating, but rather practice chaperoned courtship, and the couple abstains from physical contact. In addition, the young man seeks permission from the young woman's father to become engaged.

The Duggars raise their children using a buddy system, wherein an older sibling is assigned to a younger sibling and assists in their primary care. According to Michelle, "they help them with their little phonics lessons and games during the day and help them practice their music lessons. They will play with them or help them pick out the color of their outfit that day and just all of those types of things."[10] In 2004, Michelle Duggar won the "Young Mother of the Year Award" in Arkansas, which is sponsored by American Mothers Incorporated.[11]

Jim Bob served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002. Currently, he is a real estate agent and investor. The Duggars' income is derived from the rental proceeds of the commercial properties they own.[12][13] They live debt-free,[14][15] which Jim Bob has said is "the fruit of Jim Sammons' Financial Freedom Seminar" he attended years ago (Sammons' Seminar is endorsed by IBLP). The construction of their 7,000 square foot (650 square meter) house was started by the family in 2000 when they bought the land and ordered the frame. Discovery Networks completed it, by finding local Arkansas construction workers to donate their skills and time. The home was completed on January 20, 2006. The painting, decorating, furnishings, appliances, and other finishing touches—such as a stocked pantry—were provided by Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors as part of the one-hour television special[13] entitled 16 Children and Moving In.

Thank you for this, HD. Kind of puts things in perspective. I've never seen the show, and never will, but it seems these people have a set of principles and actually stick to them. Lots of so-called Christians talk the talk but few, based on what I've witnessed, actually live a true Christian life. Knowing nothing more about these people than what I've just read, I'd say they should be commended, not ridiculed.

JSCATTLE":kxtrqv35 said:
To me when the parents had so many kids the other kids had to start taking care of them it was time to stop ...
Nonsense, we do that here with two and a sometimes third that are all of the same age... It's called leadership. My kids answer to something above and beyond their own actions. No different than me stepping up and taking care of my wife's needs and her doing the same for me.
I don't own a tv so I'm kind of in the dark but from what I've read here I've got no problem with them.

Wow, Running Arrow Bill, wonder why this gets under your skin so much?? You have issues, man!

I have watched a few minutes of the show and it just wasn't entertaining. They were visiting an Amish community and everybody had at least 8 kids! They seem like nice people and if they can manage such a large family and afford to take care of them without burdening the taxpayers, I guess it's none of my business. I see them as responsible people, the total opposite of Octo-mom.

It's as ignorant as the MTV reality shows except these people are "responsable grown ups" . I doubt anyone would be inspired to fallow in there foots steps except for some mormon folks ,because John and Jane Doe just flat couldn't afford it . Awefull nice of the network to supplement their way of life at 16 kids , what do they have to pony up to seal the deal on #20

The construction of their 7,000 square foot (650 square meter) house was started by the family in 2000 when they bought the land and ordered the frame. Discovery Networks completed it, by finding local Arkansas construction workers to donate their skills and time. The home was completed on January 20, 2006. The painting, decorating, furnishings, appliances, and other finishing touches—such as a stocked pantry—were provided by Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors as part of the one-hour television special[13] entitled 16 Children and Moving.

Guess "octomom" was not any worse than these folks....."Have 20 kids with story to tell on tv for the right money and perks"....call the Dugars with your offers. Glad I've never seen it either.

My niece loves that show, but myself if that's all that is on I'll just turn it off and stare at the wall, heck I might even listen to my wife for a while.

Larry

cow pollinater":3b2egil2 said:
JSCATTLE":3b2egil2 said:
Nonsense, we do that here with two and a sometimes third that are all of the same age... It's called leadership. My kids answer to something above and beyond their own actions. No different than me stepping up and taking care of my wife's needs and her doing the same for me.
I don't own a tv so I'm kind of in the dark but from what I've read here I've got no problem with them.
Well there will be plenty of time for my kids to raise thier own kids . I won't burden them and take away their childhood to raise their siblings.

larryshoat":m3u3ych6 said:
My niece loves that show, but myself if that's all that is on I'll just turn it off and stare at the wall, heck I might even listen to my wife for a while.

Larry
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts