OK Jeanne

Reaction score
Here's Silas, who will be 2 yrs old on March 28th:

Silas1.jpg

Here's Lakota, who will be 2 yrs old on April 15th:
Lakota1.jpg

And here's Patron's Pride, who will be 2 yrs old on March 25th:

pride1.jpg

Pride has out-gained the other 2 and likely out-weighs them by about 150 lbs....he was
about to turn and take off walking when I snapped the photo & usually doesn't stand with front
feet so together.

Here's the sire for Silas and Patron's Pride - Rockliffe Patron:

Picture_Patron31.jpg

Here's the sire for Lakota - OK Pancho:

pancho3_07.jpg

Here's the dam for Silas, OK Sadie, pictured a couple of months before her first calf:

OKSadie.jpg

Here's the dam for Patron's Pride, OK Poppy:

PoppyJPG.jpg

And here's the dam for Lakota, OK Lulu:

lulu1.jpg

Since we are not on the show circuit, you will not have heard of any of the animals
in the pedigree of these 3 bulls, except maybe Rockliffe Patron. I think his semen
was used quite a bit back in the 80's.

Sorry about the angles of the photos. I'm sure no professional---my batteries ran out
last Sunday when I was out taking pictures of the young bulls.

Outstanding as always! Lakota unfortunately inherited his sire's weakpoint, the other two bulls are oustanding type.

Thanks Jeanne. I thought they looked like Patron calves.

What is the frame score difference between Pancho and Patron, and is it mirrored in the calves?

Knersie, would you mind pointing out for me the weakness which both Pancho and his son have? If you'd rather PM me thats fine, I'm just trying to learn here.

I've always liked R Patron. I love that first cow too :D

blackcowz":3eukzy3n said:
Those are some FINE bulls. Did they do that all on grass? If so, will you be offering semen? :D

they spent the first winter after weaning on a winter wheat pasture. They are just now finishing their second winter on
a winter oat pasture...and in between they have native pasture. We don't grain our cattle, but depending on depth of
drought and quality of forage, we may give them some range cubes if needed to keep their condition up to par.

We are not selling semen, but are selling these 3 bulls. I sent a notice around to our association membership that they
are for sale for 2600 each.

Here's a different photo of OK Pancho, the sire of Lakota, taken when he was about 14 months old:

Pancho.jpg

We had two or three(?) calf crops from Pancho, and then sold him to Two Rivers Organic Ranch
in eastern oklahoma. What is it about him that you don't like Kersie? If I was a pro at taking
pictures, I would have waited until he finished stretching and was standing all square on his feet instead of pivoting
with his back legs.....or maybe I don't need to be a pro; just need to be more patient :D .
It does take an incredible amount of time to take really good photos.

Keren - I've read that Patron's frame was a 5. Pancho is between a 4.5 and a 5. Both have
had calves for us that had very reasonable birthweights, but muscled up very well as they
grew up.

Jeanne

Outstanding cattle as always. I might have to se how they cross on Gelbvieh some day

KMacGinley":1e0a4gry said:
I think that he is referring to how they break behind the shoulders. They are very good cattle, I am impressed.

Spot on!

Jeanne, don't you think they are a tad overconditioned?

I'll admit that they have gained quite a bit of weight over the winter. We've only had one ice
storm this winter---but with their little layer of insulating fat, they were pretty frisky out there.
We have not fed grain---and didn't have a place for them other than on the winter pasture, so
there was no way (other than penning them up in the barn) to control the amount of grazing.
We've been in a drought since last fall, so the forage wasn't very good this winter actually.

At any rate, they all three sold to a farm in Tennessee this morning, and I hope the new owner
will be happy with them.

KMacGinley":11hkszba said:
You have shown people that they don't have to be shoveling grain down them if they have the right type.

No but good wheat pasture sure helps.

I would like to see pictures of them after they have been chasing a few cows all summer.

Jovid":36mb6850 said:
I would like to see pictures of them after they have been chasing a few cows all summer.

Yes, I would too. And I'd like to have updated photos after they reach mature size. I like to stay
in touch with all our bull and semen buyers, but sometimes lose track of time. Jovid, your
handle shows you to be in Oklahoma---so you are aware of the drought situation, and basically
sorry winter pasture production this past season. I suspect many people that depend on stocker
gains are really hurting.