2 year old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

haymaker

Reaction score
IMGPB_0022.jpg

haymaker":35i1by2w said:
Explain funnel butt please

The farther back you go, the less muscle there is. Picture a funnel laying on the ground on its side.

Wow, maybe I've rubbed off on you guys. Finally a little honest assessment around here.

My .02 on this bull: Terrible, please don't let him sire another calf.

Like alot of folks I was tempted to let rip with the FB comments but I realized that this bull has another market.

The length of this bull will put more prime cuts on the plate then many of the NON funnel butt bulls I have seen. What is your market??

Always remember the ass end of a steer is not the cut of meat you want to feed your guest ;-)

S.R.R.":1mhlfp9w said:
Like alot of folks I was tempted to let rip with the FB comments but I realized that this bull has another market.

The length of this bull will put more prime cuts on the plate then many of the NON funnel butt bulls I have seen. What is your market??

Always remember the ass end of a steer is not the cut of meat you want to feed your guest ;-)

Why not? The "Eye of Round" is my favorite roast. :lol:

SRR, I hate to tell you but we just went all over this in another thread...........

If a beef animal is not muscled in the rear and front end, it won't be muscled in the middle either.

MikeC":ehtr160k said:
S.R.R.":ehtr160k said:

Why not? The "Eye of Round" is my favorite roast. :lol:

SRR, I hate to tell you but we just went all over this in another thread...........

If a beef animal is not muscled in the rear and front end, it won't be muscled in the middle either.

Thanks MikeC I just got back on the net.

With that said I must disagree to a point. I have seen a number of bulls with great front end, depth, and length but not a great rear end.

Cant tell what the calves would be like by just looking at a picture,just ultra sound several yearlings and the worst put together animals sometime had the largest ribeye,and marbled very well . had several bulls myself that i was not proud of but were good producers and sired good calves.

cowboyup216":m7s7n7mv said:
salemhigh":m7s7n7mv said:
Cant tell what the calves would be like by just looking at a picture,just ultra sound several yearlings and the worst put together animals sometime had the largest ribeye,and marbled very well . had several bulls myself that i was not proud of but were good producers and sired good calves.

I beg to differ. If they arent good bulls the calves wont be good even if the momas are top notch genetics. You thought they were good but did anyone else?

Now how can you sit there and disagree with a man and his personal experiences?

He said "Largest Ribeye" and "Marbled Very Well". I suppose you think you can look at an animal and predict those traits?

What I donot understand is how so many neg. come from one picture.. I can not really tell, nothing to comparer to...He looks very long and a little thin, but I can not tell...Maybe he been working hard...Cold winter...

MikeC":d0o69dxr said:
cowboyup216":d0o69dxr said:
salemhigh":d0o69dxr said:

I beg to differ. If they arent good bulls the calves wont be good even if the momas are top notch genetics. You thought they were good but did anyone else?

Now how can you sit there and disagree with a man and his personal experiences?

He said "Largest Ribeye" and "Marbled Very Well". I suppose you think you can look at an animal and predict those traits?

Mike - I'm sure that will be covered in his up and coming book: Everything You Never Wanted To Know About Your Cattle, written by TTCLM.

cfpinz

haymaker":2q4x20je said:
Haymaker - Be honest. Would you really be satisfied if ALL of your marketable cattle looked like this bull? What do you think his daughters would look like after producing one calf?

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts