2 Time State Champ!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you think this pair is worth? Then reply what you think they are worth alone?

• $4000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5000

• $6500

• $8500

• $10,000

• $25,000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We priced her at what we thought she was worth, I don't thik it has anything to do if people like you or not. I have only been her a few days so I don't know anyones history. But, honestly, if she doesnt have it now it won't magically come

I don't understand the pricing of Brangus cattle. I know that the really good ones bring a premium in the South. Even in Southeastern Oklahoma I've heard of Brangus Breed sales where the top sellers were over $10K. As far as Show Calves, I have NEVER seen a Brangus Heifer take a Supreme or Reserve over all breeds. A heifer with any "ear" doesn't stand a chance. At most shows around here, we never even have a Brangus entered. With all that said, I believe that any registered heifer of any breed that is Show Worthy should bring at least $2000. My vote for the pair was $4000. Even though your heifer has a good show record, it usually takes a National win of some sort to add any real value.

Concerning the $7500 offer, here is my reasoning. If you can go out and purchase a Show Heifer or Cow for $7500 that is superior to your heifer, I would sell here in a minute unless her sentimental value is higher.

Well the offer is truned down because after 10 years of doing this; this is probly the only heifer I am attached to because she is gentle, looks really good and wins shows. I think this female is a really good one she is going to be a easy keeper. She has not had much feed since the calf was born. If Camp Cooley would sell a female like this in there sale it would bring at least $12,000 because of there name. I have seen females come out of camp cooley and Salaco that go for 15K a head and not nearly as good as this one. So I think if camp cooley can get that I can get what I am asking or heck I will turn her out a make money off her. Blake waiting on your response :roll: .......

in my opinion she needs more depth of chest and flank, she needs to be longer from hooks to pins, I can't tell what her front end looks like because the picture is dark and she is black, needs a stronger top(something she should get from the brahman in her) and more muscle

she has got a good udder but she doesn't look well doing.

just sorta an analysis so you can understand why we don't think she is worth 7,500

cowboy13":s7wplptp said:
Also on the $7500 deal sounds a lot like the deal you made with your uncle. You know in your right mind that if someone offered you $7500 for that heifer, you would sell her then. You, or at least your parents wouldn't let you keep a heifer fro $7500 sentimental reasons. Thats a load of bull.

Listen hear you stupid a** the guys name is Bryan Brumley from Roosedessa, La. north of Shreveport. I wish you were going to Houston. Belive it or not I can care less I am not raising cattle to impress cowboy13 he is full of S*** anywaz. After Houston I am probly going to go up to $12,500. If she don't sell before March is over with. And if she takes to Bar J Revenue then I will be asking $15,000 bred. I got big hopes for her and yes she needs the length and more expression to her top and cleaner fronted. Revenue will do all that he has proved it. And by the way did ya'll no she was nursing 2 calves not just one and not really beening fed that much.

calm down, you asked us and we gav you an answer. also do you think its a good idea to put someones personal info on here???

and why where you not feeding her very much if she had 2 calves?? she needs decent feed even with 1

SCfarms":39j7aqz6 said:
cowboy13":39j7aqz6 said:
Also on the $7500 deal sounds a lot like the deal you made with your uncle. You know in your right mind that if someone offered you $7500 for that heifer, you would sell her then. You, or at least your parents wouldn't let you keep a heifer fro $7500 sentimental reasons. Thats a load of bull.

Listen hear you stupid a** the guys name is Bryan Brumley from Roosedessa, La. north of Shreveport. I wish you were going to Houston. Belive it or not I can care less I am not raising cattle to impress cowboy13 he is full of S*** anywaz. After Houston I am probly going to go up to $12,500. If she don't sell before March is over with. And if she takes to Bar J Revenue then I will be asking $15,000 bred. I got big hopes for her and yes she needs the length and more expression to her top and cleaner fronted. Revenue will do all that he has proved it. And by the way did ya'll no she was nursing 2 calves not just one and not really beening fed that much.
My buddy cowboy can give you damn good information on show cattle and you'd be wise to accept it. It's your childish outbursts like this why people don't like you. If you ask someone what they think of her and they give you an answer less than what you expect, learn how to take it as a mature showman. Don't post stuff on here if you don't want to hear what people have to say. IMO, she ain't worth $12,500 or $15,000. We'll see how she does at the real show...Houston, not some li'l LA show.
SCfarms":39j7aqz6 said:
Belive it or not I can care less I am not raising cattle to impress cowboy13 he is full of S*** anywaz.
Unless Webster's come out with a new edition, I'm pretty sure that's spelled "anyways."

jaydill said:
My buddy cowboy can give you be nice good information on show cattle and you'd be wise to accept it. It's your childish outbursts like this why people don't like you. If you ask someone what they think of her and they give you an answer less than what you expect, learn how to take it as a mature showman. Don't post stuff on here if you don't want to hear what people have to say. IMO, she ain't worth $12,500 or $15,000. We'll see how she does at the real show...Houston, not some li'l LA show.

I had the pleasure and opportunity to judge the LSU show (2001) and it is a quality show with breed numbers that would be comparable to our major shows here in Texas (at least the Brahman, Brangus and Beefmaster shows). The Brangus cattle that I saw back then would be competitve here in our junior shows. There were some Brangus from around Ville Platte that really stuck in my mind.

Stephen, a little advice from an old man - tone down your responses. Every one you alienate, is a potential customer. I appreciate youthful zeal, but admire and respect courteous behaior in young people.

SCfarms":4mc1zrui said:
If Camp Cooley would sell a female like this in there sale it would bring at least $12,000 because of there name. I have seen females come out of camp cooley and Salaco that go for 15K a head and not nearly as good as this one. So I think if camp cooley can get that I can get what I am asking

There's a difference between you and Camp Cooley, it's called reputation. They have it, you don't. That is why people pay the big money for their cattle, reputation.

Just a little story, One of the heifer's that won San Antonio last year, the kid was offered $8,000 for the heifer right after it won, didn't take it, thought it was worth more. Between SA and Houston, or right after Houston, heifer was crippled. Then nobody wanted it. When they sold it, didn't get that $8,000 for it, got a lot less.

If someone offered you $7500.00, should have jumped on it. It's a cow, thousand's of things can happen in no time at all. She could lay down and die tommorrow. Then ya got nothing.

BC":e5u01sxd said:
I had the pleasure and opportunity to judge the LSU show (2001) and it is a quality show with breed numbers that would be comparable to our major shows here in Texas (at least the Brahman, Brangus and Beefmaster shows). The Brangus cattle that I saw back then would be competitve here in our junior shows. There were some Brangus from around Ville Platte that really stuck in my mind.

Stephen, a little advice from an old man - tone down your responses. Every one you alienate, is a potential customer. I appreciate youthful zeal, but admire and respect courteous behaior in young people.
I'm just curious...how do you think this brangus will do at our Texas majors? How much do you think she's worth? Not meaning to steal the post but do you will judge? I've got a few questions, if you do. Will you be at Houston during the junior steer show?

Why would you put two calfs on a show cow. If she is worth that much money why risk pulling her down feeding two calfs.

jaydill":3d7fvt71 said:
SCfarms":3d7fvt71 said:
cowboy13":3d7fvt71 said:

My buddy cowboy can give you be nice good information on show cattle and you'd be wise to accept it. It's your childish outbursts like this why people don't like you. If you ask someone what they think of her and they give you an answer less than what you expect, learn how to take it as a mature showman. Don't post stuff on here if you don't want to hear what people have to say. IMO, she ain't worth $12,500 or $15,000. We'll see how she does at the real show...Houston, not some li'l LA show.
SCfarms":3d7fvt71 said:
Belive it or not I can care less I am not raising cattle to impress cowboy13 he is full of S*** anywaz.
Unless Webster's come out with a new edition, I'm pretty sure that's spelled "anyways."

:clap: :clap:

When at the time that is the only milk you got you will do it if you get offered half interested in the bull calf that will bring some money you would to. I would give up a little show to make $2500. I didn't put her in the Houston sale because that is a funny money and promotion. I if I put her anyware it will be at the sale that JLS has in May next year.

SC,

If you don't want criticism, don't ask opinions. You obviously are very proud of your animal, as well you should be. I commend you on all your hard work and success. To call someone names because they do not agree with you shows a lack of maturity. :roll:

My uncle told me If you get up to feed and you make my calf nurse on christy I will give you half interest in it. The deal on that is I break it and show it and I get half and you get half. There is the info you need. I do all the work for the calf to suck on my cow and he gives me half in the calf. Not to mention it is a 174 bull calf that will bring 4-5K and I get half of that. I swear to god I hate that blake vinson.

SCfarms":3p9uqsbs said:
I swear to god I hate that blake vinson.
Since you are swearing to God Stephan, I thought I'd help you out a bit.

A prudent man concealth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness. Proverbs 12:23

Heaviness in the heart of man make it stoop: but a good word maketh glad. Proverbs 12:25

Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but be that gathereth by labour shall increase. Proverbs 13:11

Just a little something to think about.

Am I alone or is anyone else as unimpressed as I am with the figures that Stephen is always throwing around? Also, Stephen, I see it's just not us old guys coming down on you. Looks like some of your contemporaries dislike you as much as the rest of us do.

J. T.":12i2g0i5 said:
Am I alone or is anyone else as unimpressed as I am with the figures that Stephen is always throwing around? Also, Stephen, I see it's just not us old guys coming down on you. Looks like some of your contemporaries dislike you as much as the rest of us do.

Guess I'm one of the old guys, he's losing points in my book fast. Now he has taken the Lord's name in vain. What's next?

Latest posts