2 Time State Champ!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you think this pair is worth? Then reply what you think they are worth alone?

• $4000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5000

• $6500

• $8500

• $10,000

• $25,000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

showme

Reaction score
scan.jpg

This is her first year to go to the State Show of Louisiana. That year at the show she made $325 with a Chair and Jacket only at that show.

scan0001.jpg

She comes back this year with a red calf and takes the show once again. This time making $300 at the show with a carring bag, Jacket and a Chair from Lone Star. The red calf is a "pure bred black brangus" She is also a line bred Update 314C heifer calf. He sire is Cajun Trans Man the bull that won Houston in 2004. My plans for the is to sell her as soon as I can, but if I don't selll her I will show her as a comm. Heifer. In person the calf looks great she is just the wrong color. I must remind you that Christy had alot of milk its just that 2 claves were sucking on her cause we lost one of our recips. She has 19 breed wins under her belt including Reserve Champion 2 of those win were open shows. She has made me $1500 in prize money. She has only place under 1st place in a class 6 times and they were all open shows and she was no less than 3rd in the class.

Nice heifer you've got there and nice little calf she's got by her side, too.

If I were you I would use your cows as receipts and put her into a donor program. If you think that she could be sold for $25,000 then why would you. Money or no money that is why you show breeding cattle to sell genetics to other breeders and eventually bulls to commercail customers. Ultimate & Ova Genix are both close to you and your uncle in Katy. I have used both companies and like them both. Just my thoughts.

Matt

I would register the calf with the Red Brangus association. That breed is looking for outzside genetics. You might also branch out at the district and state show with both Brangus and Red Brangus. The red heifer would be very stout in the Red Brangus show.

I think some people are voting for the higher prices just because she won something

In my opinion she probably isn't worth more then 6,500, I don't know about the calf

First of all if the Brahman breed is so much better than the US breed then why do ya'll buy 200,000 in semen sales. Plus Brazil is doing that to thats just from Jeff Smith from what I heard what he said and I wonder if they do that with other ranches. Every time you put up a Australian Brangus up to a US Brangus 9 out of 10 your going to loose. Now a days most all judges want them to look like an Angus and just about all the breeders do to. I seen some of the cattle you people show, on an Internet site a while back they all look like culls. Houston livestock show is March 1-4 for Brangus its not to late to sign up you can sign up there but it will be $125 an entry. Bring them down and lets see what they can do!!!

Australian Cattleman":36fimo98 said:
They are OK. I'd love to see some Australian Brangus compete against the US ones. I'd be very disappointed if the Australian ones didn't beat the US. As I've said before the Australian Brahman derived breeds have a lot more Brahman content than what is the norm in the US.
An American Brangus will win over an Australian Brangus for that exact reason: because it has less brahman in it. Brahman make good crosses but are not necessarily desirable alone. Brahman heifers are pretty competitive, but I haven't seen many Brahman steers here in North Texas.

SCfarms":36fimo98 said:
I seen some of the cattle you people show, on an Internet site a while back they all look like culls.
You, SC, need to learn to control your temper. And learn how to communicate maturely. Have some respect. You can start by learning that calling any denomination of people "you people" is not becoming. Also, you can't base the entire cattle population of Australia on some random cattle you saw on some website. It's just like here in the states. There are going to be some places where the quality of cattle is not as good as others, and seeing as how you have no knowlegdge of Australia, you have no idea whether what you were looking at was one of those places.

AngusSenorita":3hye2v76 said:
I think some people are voting for the higher prices just because she won something

In my opinion she probably isn't worth more then 6,500, I don't know about the calf
How much would you pay for them together? That's what the survey wants. The price for the momma and calf together. That's what I think it is, anyway.

I posted this on a count of a call I got a few days ago. Then she won the the show once again so I posted a updated pic of her and told the guy the website to go look her up. He seen her right when she had the calf and was just thinking of buying her. So I posted this for him to see this, just wanted to get other people's thought on her and the calf. I am asking 10K cow/calf pair; or $2500 for the calf and/or $8500 for the mama or $6500 for the cow and you got to flush the cow to the bull of my choice and I will get at least 5 #1 embryos. Sorry if I offended you not big deal.

In order for the cow to be able to have a red calf I would think she must carry a recessive red gene, so would that lower her value?

The reason we think she turned red is because she is a line bred 314C daughter and everyone said that its the line breeding is what caused it. We met someone that had a line bred Transformer and 314C crossed with Cadence of Brinks and they came out red. So there is the problem. I am going to breed her to Bar J Revenue in March that calf with be black. I was offered $7500 cow/calf pair earlier tonight been thinking and just wondering if I should sell.

The fact that she carries a recessive red gene lowers her value a little bit. It also could be a positive in that you have some new Red Brangus genetics that will be a total outcross for that breed.

I think your price expectations are a little high, but then again I do not make a lot of Brangus sales. The little red heifer should be worth $1000 to $1500 at weaning for a show heifer, maybe $1700 if she grows like her parents did. That is about all I would give for a heifer of any breed.

cowboy13":33y82wsq said:
If thats the quatlity of cattle that win in Louisiana, then whens the next show because the last place american heifer at our county could beat that heifer.

My thoughts too. :eek:

yeah sorry to say but I am being very nice by saying 6,500, even for both

my friend has a red brangus heifer that could beat her in a second, I don't know how large that show was though

If you were offered $7,500 for this pair, then I would haul her to his place today and get the check. I think she is more around the $2,500 in value than $7,500. I would also retain some flushes in her for future development of your herd. Now, does is the buyer live around Katy?

Matt

cowboy13":19hl6dry said:
If thats the quatlity of cattle that win in Louisiana, then whens the next show because the last place american heifer at our county could beat that heifer.

No, North, La passed Shreveport. The reason she is priced so high is because Christy (the cow) comes out of a cow family that does nothing but $$$$$$$$$$. Her sister that my uncle owns made about 50K in sales. And her Grandma has made about that to. I will bred her one more times but if I get another red calf then she is gone. Most of you people priced her that low because you don't like me for one; and blake priced Christy in Oct. for $6500. Others priced her at that before she had a calf. So whatever; this post was made for someone to get a updated pic of her not to here crap that aint true!!! Like I said before think what you want to your opinon I called and turn the offer down because that was not what I wanted and this cow has a big future ahead of her. All you people who don't think so sit back a watch. give me 3-5 years with her she will produce a Houston winner just like her other 2 sisters did.

Latest posts