2 new calves today

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeerefarmer

Reaction score
A couple of my moma cow's calved today.
It always amazes me, how the changing weather conditions (cold fronts, changes in barometric pressure, etc) cause the cows to calve. I don't know the science behind it, but it's always been that way.

Now if my heifers will hold off calving until next week. Looks like this week is gonna be bad here in Texas- rain, sleet, snow, strong north winds.

The last couple days of upper sixties and lower seventies had me in shirt sleeves, now I gotta get the Blizzard Pruf back out. :(

I had two calve right before we got the snowstorm. and I had two heifers calve when it stopped snowing for a day. Then i had two calve right after the snow stopped for good.
I hear it has something to do with changes atmosphereric pressure.
I hope it does not get bad. I still have 8 cows and 2 heifers to calve.

Hope your heifers wait and that if they don't, they get those babies up and nurse.

we have two cow's that could have there calves anytime and we are suppose to get 1/2" up to 1" of ice today and tomorrow. I hope the girls wait.

got a pied cow ready to drop one any day and we r supposed to get sleet,snow,rain and wind all week.was hoping she would have it last week when we were in the 40's +.

Good luck everybody. Hope you are hunkered down and ready. I got gas for the generators and groceries and i have plenty of hay and range cubes for the cows, so I am ready

Latest posts