2 month old orphan calf- need advice

Help Support CattleToday:

glad to hear your calf is doing good.

If she drinks water then you might try just setting the bucket of milk down and she'll drink it if she wants it. That's what I've done with older calves that became an orphan.

Not sure if Purina makes a pelleted milk replacer, but Nutrena does. I would add that to your calf starter grain.

If you do not have time to bottle feed buy the bucket with the nipple that you can tie to the fence ( I got mine a Tractor Supply). It worked great on my 1 month old orphaned bull calf. I fed him a 50 lb sack of milk replacer 3 gallons per day. I slowly cut him back to 2 gallons per day then one. Within 5 days he was running to the feed bucket when I came in the pen. Last week I got a newborn whose mother died during labor. I give him milk but since he is with the calf I have already weaned he has been eating grass, hay and feed since he was 2 days old.

Finally got pictures of the orphan and she seems to be doing fine.
Newcalves_0040.jpg
[/img]

I forgot to tell you she wouldn't drink the milk anyway, she's been eating hay and calf feed. Sorry to cause the blood pressure to rise,but I can understand why it would. Sorry :oops:

Wilson_Cattle_Company":2ftx31c7 said:
JUNO

Are you listening to what professionals are telling you??? Forget the goddamn replacer! Leave the calf on hay and ration in calf feed~~~~ :mad: :mad:

Why you get so worked up over stuff?

Bez'

I let both of the calves out in the pasture after 6 days in the barn and they are eating and doing fine as of right now. Thanks everyone for all of your advice, I sure did appreciate it just knowing that I had someone to ask what to do. THANKS Juno :D :D

Hey Wilson ctl co., do you kiss yo mama with that nasty mouth of yours? Of all things you could have said you didn't have to say that most repulsive of all explatives. Grow up.

ctlbaron":1bhipgfe said:
Hey Wilson ctl co., do you kiss yo mama with that nasty mouth of yours? Of all things you could have said you didn't have to say that most repulsive of all explatives. Grow up.
I agree Ctlbaron. Avery, there are too many other words, good words to use, to voice your opinion. Please have a little respect.You've apologized before for using God's name in vien.Guess you did not mean it. Being you're a Rodeo participant, messing with dangerous stock, you might want to have God on your team.Not on your tongue. Nuff Said.

Crowder gets credit for that one Bama. I'm glad to see that it has been cleaned up. :clap:

ctlbaron":26n094hb said:
Crowder gets credit for that one Bama. I'm glad to see that it has been cleaned up. :clap:
I dont want any credit, I just wanted to stand up for what's right.Without the "Man Upstairs" we aren't anything.Bama, feel free to use my quote. Might help someone.

That's right Crowder, we don't have enough people to stand for the right. Hang in there like a hair in a biscuit.