2 month old bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
In the past I have often been critisized for saying at two months you have a fair idea what the bull will look like at 2 years. I don't advocate to make your final decision at 2 months, but I still maintain that the real prospects show themselves early.

I have posted this calf before, here is an update about 3 weeks later, making him 9 weeks old now. And yes, I know his dam is playing a big role in what he looks like now, but wouldn't you rather buy a bull out of a dam that can raise a calf?
9103.jpg

91032m1.jpg

Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck.
;-)

0917top1.jpg

KNERSIE":299zg3hs said:
In the past I have often been critisized for saying at two months you have a fair idea what the bull will look like at 2 years. I don't advocate to make your final decision at 2 months, but I still maintain that the real prospects show themselves early.

I have posted this calf before, here is an update about 3 weeks later, making him 9 weeks old now. And yes, I know his dam is playing a big role in what he looks like now, but wouldn't you rather buy a bull out of a dam that can raise a calf?
9103.jpg

91032m1.jpg

Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck.
;-)

0917top1.jpg
id hope so,,,for folks that retain heifers, the sire's moma ought too be their biggest deciding factor...

"Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck."

Does a redneck bother you more than a lineback?

alexfarms":3sizzz3v said:
"Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck."

Neither bothers me much.

Said it before, I'll say it again.
If you lived anywhere near me I'd have me some Herefords.
Just Dandy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the one with the white is a better looking bull (at this time). I wouldnt hesitate to keep him intact and see what he grows into(lineback and all).

Very good bull prospects both of them.

I agree, I want my herdbulls to come out of a top cow as well. Some calves don't to it until they hit the feedlot. But I want one that does it from day 1.

They both look good. Show us more when he gets older!

I see what you mean about the inner thighs. Good eye color also. Same with head shape. Seeing your photos helps develop an eye for the younger ones. Thank you. Jim

He is standing very narrow in the rear in the pics, almost knocking his knees together. ?

KNERSIE":kuoin4ii said:
alexfarms":kuoin4ii said:

Neither bothers me much.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, they are super looking calves.

Knersie, the bull calves look great. His mother not only is doing a great job, but he is expressing his natural thickness, and yes, I agree, the good ones show themselves from an early age.

Brian

What we have here is a breeder who lacks consistency in his cow herd, a FEATHER NECK & A REDNECK in the same calf crop. You're going to have to do better a job selection wise in the future. :) ;-)
Nice calves.
Still waiting for that picture when he was younger.
And, Happy Birthday.

Latest posts