• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2 month old bulls

KNERSIE

Reaction score
In the past I have often been critisized for saying at two months you have a fair idea what the bull will look like at 2 years. I don't advocate to make your final decision at 2 months, but I still maintain that the real prospects show themselves early.

I have posted this calf before, here is an update about 3 weeks later, making him 9 weeks old now. And yes, I know his dam is playing a big role in what he looks like now, but wouldn't you rather buy a bull out of a dam that can raise a calf?

Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck.
;-)

alacattleman

Reaction score
KNERSIE":299zg3hs said:
In the past I have often been critisized for saying at two months you have a fair idea what the bull will look like at 2 years. I don't advocate to make your final decision at 2 months, but I still maintain that the real prospects show themselves early.

I have posted this calf before, here is an update about 3 weeks later, making him 9 weeks old now. And yes, I know his dam is playing a big role in what he looks like now, but wouldn't you rather buy a bull out of a dam that can raise a calf?

Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck.
;-)

id hope so,,,for folks that retain heifers, the sire's moma ought too be their biggest deciding factor...

alexfarms

Reaction score
"Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck."

Does a redneck bother you more than a lineback?

KNERSIE

Reaction score
alexfarms":3sizzz3v said:
"Not the best of angles, but I'm very impressed with this calf's top, even if he is a redneck."

Neither bothers me much.

cmf1

Reaction score
Said it before, I'll say it again.
If you lived anywhere near me I'd have me some Herefords.
Just Dandy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

JHH

Reaction score
I think the one with the white is a better looking bull (at this time). I wouldnt hesitate to keep him intact and see what he grows into(lineback and all).

Very good bull prospects both of them.

BRG

Reaction score
I agree, I want my herdbulls to come out of a top cow as well. Some calves don't to it until they hit the feedlot. But I want one that does it from day 1.

They both look good. Show us more when he gets older!

SRBeef

Reaction score
I see what you mean about the inner thighs. Good eye color also. Same with head shape. Seeing your photos helps develop an eye for the younger ones. Thank you. Jim

RD-Sam

Reaction score
He is standing very narrow in the rear in the pics, almost knocking his knees together. ?

bigbull338

Reaction score
theres no question about that bull calf.he is going to make a fine herd bull.

alexfarms

Reaction score
KNERSIE":kuoin4ii said:
alexfarms":kuoin4ii said:

Neither bothers me much.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, they are super looking calves.

smnherf

Reaction score
Knersie, the bull calves look great. His mother not only is doing a great job, but he is expressing his natural thickness, and yes, I agree, the good ones show themselves from an early age.

Brian

rocket2222

Reaction score
What we have here is a breeder who lacks consistency in his cow herd, a FEATHER NECK & A REDNECK in the same calf crop. You're going to have to do better a job selection wise in the future. :) ;-)
Nice calves.
Still waiting for that picture when he was younger.
And, Happy Birthday.

Latest posts