2 blues and a purple

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
We started the fair on Sat with the static (non-livestock) exhibits. My son made One Banana Muffins (for that last lonely banana) and got a blue. First time he brought anything to the fair. Last years bars were a disaster. My daughter made the Mint Cookies I posted the recipe for and she got a blue. Also made Caramel Corn with our homegrown popcorn and she got a Jr. Merit purple.

The kids both took photos as well. My son had a different judge than my daughter unfortunately b/c hers are going to state and his aren't and they probably should have. My daughter and I had gone to a photography seminar and the gal told us how to mat the photos. Son's judge said we did it wrong :frowns: :mad: Oh well, there is an open show we'll take it to in Sept.

We bring 5 head of cattle in today. 2 breeding heifers and 3 steers and tomorrow we'll bring the cow/calf in. Hopefully the week goes well...

Congrats on the wins.

I used to enter stuff in our fair. A few years ago I entered a photograph that I was pretty sure would be the grand prize winner. Got a blue ribbon. Upon further examination of the results, I found that ANYTHING entered by ANYBODY was awarded a blue ribbon. Kind of takes the excitement out of being a winner.

PC at its finest........

Latest posts