2-4D, Amine or Ester?

Help Support CattleToday:

From my experience Amine is about worthless. I have had good luck with Ester as it is more expensive also. When it comes to spraying it is your problem if you spray around others crops, gardens and do damage. I am very careful with spray. I use a mist blower often and last year I never used as I could not get a day without a chance of rain or wind that I was available to use. I hope this year I get better chance to use. Ester mixed with Remedy strong using a mist blower will slick off what you are spraying, except what is in the grass family.

From my experience Amine is about worthless. I have had good luck with Ester as it is more expensive also. When it comes to spraying it is your problem if you spray around others crops, gardens and do damage. I am very careful with spray. I use a mist blower often and last year I never used as I could not get a day without a chance of rain or wind that I was available to use. I hope this year I get better chance to use. Ester mixed with Remedy strong using a mist blower will slick off what you are spraying, except what is in the grass family.
And kill all the clover

And remember that a mist blower is made to spray orchards and most herbicides aren't listed to be used in them. I know lots of people do but its taking a chance if you have a neighbor with anything they don't want killed. Especially when using Ester.

While we are on this subject, I have one field I am going to use Grazon on. It has not been sprayed in many years. Do I need to add Remedy to the mix to take care of the woody stuff or will the Grazon Next be enough?

I sprayed about 10 acres that are full of buttercups with 2,4-D Anime yesterday. I hope it works.

While we are on this subject, I have one field I am going to use Grazon on. It has not been sprayed in many years. Do I need to add Remedy to the mix to take care of the woody stuff or will the Grazon Next be enough?

I sprayed about 10 acres that are full of buttercups with 2,4-D Anime yesterday. I hope it works.
Well first issue is that you are months late in spraying the buttercup. Spray it either in the fall or very early in the spring. By the time it blooms its done its damage for the year.
Identify what you are killing in the field. If its just weeds and not woody stems and briars 24D may be all you need.

Anything that will kill a weed will kill clover. On the buttercup I quit wasting my time. As soon as the hot weather gets it is gone, spraying, it will be back in full force within one or two years. If bad I mow off at maturity as that puts a hurting on it and makes the field look a little better. It gives the grass some daylight. Kenny your concern on the mist sprayer, will it kill goats? If so I am in a world of chit, been spraying for close to 10 years and the neighbors I have talked with would not hurt their feelings if I spray their fence/farm also . I stay away from crops and gardens, but I live in the boondocks and very little goes on around me.

On the butter cup pull a mature bloom off and look at all the seed or dig one up and see what a root it has. Another import that is here to stay. I bought 5 gallon (2 2 1/2 gallon jugs) of Amine a few years ago and my pizz will kill better than it, don't waste you money, Grazon is good.

Last edited:
Well first issue is that you are months late in spraying the buttercup. Spray it either in the fall or very early in the spring. By the time it blooms its done its damage for the year.
Identify what you are killing in the field. If its just weeds and not woody stems and briars 24D may be all you need.
The question on the Grazon is related to a field that has both.

I knew the Ester was much more volatile, unless it is specifically engineered for low volitlity.

I've never had either ester or amine actually kill clover. I know it should in theory, but it never actually dies. And I've hit it pretty hard before.

Latest posts